Who carries more pressure when it comes to relationships? Males or Females?

I mean, from the point of starting to date, to actually getting married and still keeping up with the things, who has the pressure of keeping relationship the way it should be?

Most Helpful Girl

• In the beginning I think it's clearly men but that shifts a few years (sometimes month) into the relationship, especially after getting married and having children. Often women work full time these days will still doing the majority of house work and watching children. Society is tough on women aging, it seems like a lot of old men think they can land women in their 20s now. True or not, it puts enormous pressure on women to look as thin and young as possible. Society is way easier on men aging and getting bigger, which ironic because it's easier for them to stay slim and they tend to age better. And people are also way kinder to men who get divorced at that age or are single parents

And even without all that it seem like once the relationship is established girl are expected to do more work on it emotionally and sacrifice more for it than men are

• I think, the pressure is on men to go out there and actually start courting with females. Females do not carry this baggage at all, and, once you move into the relationship, Men carry equal responsibility as women do. Yes, when babies come along, Women tend to take care of them, and hence it can become cumbersome, but I'd say men are under more pressure when it comes to a male-female relationship starting from the phase of Dating.

• well as I said, I think in the beginning it's men, I disagree with it being equal later in the relationship.
      The point is not that women take care of children, it's that they often work a full time job, just as their husbands AND do the majority of housework and child rearing

What Girls Said 3

• At the start in the dating phase it's generally males, but once you move to an exclusive relationship, whether or not marriage comes after that, it should be about each partner pulling their weight. Anything other than an equal balance of give and take between the two isn't a healthy relationship.

• Fair enough with your point, but I just think that balance is tilted towards men when it comes to relationship pressure.

• Males. Pretty much in all my friends relationships they're the ones to bring up marriage and kids.

• Men. They work to concieve girls.

What Guys Said 3

• Alpha males carry more pressures when it comes to relationships, while beta males is the opposite.

• Don't get you clearly. Would appreciate a bit of in-depth explanation.

• Male, i guess, i mean he's tasked with treating the girl and not screwing up his relationship and in marriage, well, fathers r seen as protectors of their family aren't they?

• men, because they have to lead the relationship