Are men on date sites really looking for a serious relationship?

I just signed up and made a profile on a popular dating site. There are lots of guys. Tons...mostly they sound sincere but are they for real or are they just looking for a one night stand?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are going to run into a similar mix of people that you do in the real world. Though I have gathered that there are a lot more people willing to approach another for causal sex on line due to the anonymity of the internet. But there are men who want a real relationship, and online dating is in some cases the only real way some people can meet other people. once you get out of college there is less chance of meeting someone. You go to work, maybe the gym, and the store. Sometimes go out, but online dating gives you a pool to go through. Sometimes you meet good people, other times you meet not so good people.
    Yes there are guys and girls that only want one night stands. Just as there are people who want a long term relationship.

What Guys Said 7

• I was. depends on the site in terms of the number of guys looking for serious stuff. typically the more expensive the site (say eharmony vs. POF) the more serious the daters are, but of course there are always exceptions.

• Exactly this. Pay to play weeds out many of those looking to just get laid.

• Only one way to find out. Pick one and go on a date.

• No they all want one night stands. Every single one. Men don't like serious relationships really, we just pretend so we can get regular sex.

• I sense sarcasm

• If you are serious, speak for yourself, not for all men.

Most men actually enjoy companionship whether they say it out loud or not. And even sexual satisfaction is higher inside relationships than outside them. So yes, most men do want serious relationships at some point in their lives.

You may not be at that point yet. You may not ever want a serious relationship. But you aren't most men.

• Lol was joking.

• I met my fiancée and previous to her, my ex-girlfriend on EHarmony.

I was certainly looking for long term.

• met my fiancé on eharmony as well. congrats!

• Congrats to you too!

I'm honestly surprised how well we fit together. She's my perfect complement. EH did well.

• Some do and some don't. I was pretty serious about at one point I'm hopes of finding an ideal match. I've given up though.

I'd say most probably just looking for sex though. Guys can use pretty clever tactics to get in a girls pants too

• Yes. Most guys looking for one night stands go to places known for one night stands...not match.com etc.

We want clarity

• Mostly dating sites are for men who can't get females in real life or men that just wanna hook up

• Utter tosh. I'm military. Flew planes. Six figure income. Decent looking.

I used a dating site.

Why? Time. And quality.

I didn't want to meet my future wife at a bar. And i didn't want to waste time and money hitting bars every weekend in the hopes of picking up some random. I'm past that.

There are far more polished women online.

My fiancée is the most attractive and intelligent woman I've ever been with. By far. That's why I put a ring on it.

• And I'd say even mostly is wrong. Most guys on dating sites are the average guys you see everyday.

I will caveat that by saying that any site that requires payment will usually attract and retain higher quality males who are more serious.

• Yeah i guess

What Girls Said 3

• I would say most of them are looking for a sex buddy , the ones that say are looking for a serious relationship are the ones you need to careful of the most simply because they will be lying in all cases , god only knows how many serious relationships they would be having at the same time.

• That is pretty cynical. There's quite a few men who do want serious relationships.

It's quite hard to find nice girls these days!

• Some guys you'll notice want a one not others are pretty sincere in finding someone to start a long relationship with

• Some are and some aren't. This lady I know, her daughter met her fiance off of one