What to do when you love someones personality, but they really aren't handsome?

Let's say there's someone who has a good character, but you're not attracted to them psychically. Then what? You like the person, but the looks aren't a big turn on. I know it sounds superficial but admit it, if the looks aren't there we'd much rather be friends than romantic partners, right?

What would you do in a situation like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know the feeling. It's like trying to physically force yourself to be sexually attracted to someone, which is like impossible to do.

• Exactly.. :/

• I agree with the poster about how it would feel to be that guy/girl.I'm not attractive at all, so imagine how it feels to not have someone interested?

• I can imagine, sucks for sure

What Guys Said 6

• I like to believe that as you spend time with this guy, you would feel a physical attraction regardless of your initial opinion.

- To answer your question,- yes if your not attracted physically then a romantic relationship would be a horrible idea.

• just stay friends. its kind of like the situation where a woman marries a man because he is successful and she loves the kind of man he is but does not find him physically attractive and therefore is not sexually attracted to him. She is cheating him because she is not attracted him to in this way. She is also cheating herself. It's a situation best avoided to begin with. Attraction isn't a choice.

• Friendzone.

• Say, "Can we just be friends?" If all goes well then you saved someone some pain, and who knows, maybe this not so handsome guy will actually be great around for some reason or another.

• Put a paper bag over their head? Put holes in it first of course O_o

• If they dont attract you just be friends? Or give it a try maybe?

What Girls Said 4

• You can wait it out and see if physical attraction develops. If it doesn't, then you need to find someone else.

• Just become good friends with them you don't need to date them and they'll always be your friend with that epic personality {x and don't try to force yourself to become attracted to them physically it might end up having a huge backlash in the end

• If you are not physically attracted to them but they have a great personality and are great to be around than they make a great friend.

• Any time I've truly liked someone's personality in a more than a friend way, I've become attracted to them.