What does it mean when a guy says he feels like he's swallowing his pride and apologizing?

Basically I've been seeing a guy for a few months. I think he had too much to drink and was just in a bad mood and he flipped out on me. I literally did nothing and I was very surprised. So he said some mean things to me and wouldn't even hear me out. He was incredibly stubborn. A different person. Anyways I finally called him a few days later. I wanted to give myself some time to process what happened. He didn't call or contact me for those days. When we talked he talked it was like nothing happened. I told him I didn't appreciate the way he flipped on me and the way he treated me and he said I feel like I'm swallowing my pride by admitting he was wrong. I'm not sure if this conversation was positive or what. Not quit sure where to go from here

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he doesn't believe he has anything to apologize for and that's why he has to swallow his pride to say sorry as he's basically letting you "win" the fight

What Guys Said 1

• Swallowing pride is one of the hardest most painful things a man can ever do. If he doesn't appear to be completely torn up about it then he's not doing it.

Otherwise its just an expression of saying he'll face the beast

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't feel like he was wrong and truly dislikes having to say he was