Why won't a guy ask a girl out when he's interested?

I've rarely been asked out by guys. The only ones who did ask were always super intimidated and would use my friends to communicate with me. I notice guys always checking me out and have been called beautiful by strangers...But I've never had a bf. it makes me feel bad. I've been told that I'm smart and sweet; I've already graduated from uni, but then, why can't I get a guy? Please help...

Most Helpful Guy

• because twying 2 hav convursayshun wit purdy ladeez iz so skary.

Lol, sorry it's late. I'm sure there's plenty of answers filed away if you use the search bar because this question has been asked and answered ad nauseum.

But...It's mostly because you're beautiful so guys won't approach. I know, I know. It's a paradox. You're so damn beautiful guys don't want to approach because:

a) Other people will be watching the guy's approach so there's the fear of being judged by the ever-harsh public

b) You're a total stranger. What the hell does one talk to a total stranger about? The weather? The local sports team. So cliche, right. You'll see right through it because you've heard it a million times before. Make her laugh? He's not all that funny, how does he do that at the drop of the hat when the pressure is piling on. Plus you're a stranger and we all know how women feel about stranger danger. The guy's probably thinking he's gonna get maced if he so much as utters the words "so let's exchange numbers."

c) He doesn't want to screw it up by saying the wrong thing, or stumbling over his words, or getting rejected, because you're beautiful so what would a woman like you want with a guy like him

d) As an aside to (c), you probably have a boyfriend or have multiple suitors to choose from so why would you want to waste your time on a guy like average joe (this one is a common fallacy among men)

e) You just don't look all the approachable. Maybe you have your headphones on, maybe your arms are crossed and have a bitchface going, maybe you're engrossed in a book, maybe you scurry off after you're done whatever it is that you were doing, maybe you look really busy and don't want to be bothered. I don't know. But I find a lot of women are so caught up in what they're doing that us guys wouldn't risk our left nut approaching them in case we were bothering them.

I think that covers the main bases. But if not...search bar. Alright, I'm off to bed.

What Guys Said 10

• There can be many reasons and besides dont expect any strangers to ask you out.. i hope someone from your circle will ask you out and have great time..

• Sounds like you are legit too beautiful. You're scary lol.

• You need to give em comfort and confidence as when they face you they loose it all. They just see themselves worthless near you and are intimated by beauty. Use less or no make up as a starter

• he thinks you're playing games

• Too shy, happens all the time

• Because they haven't had the proper experiences to be confident

• Because we don't want to get rejected.

• because most guys are rejected and ignored by girls most their lives and are taught the hard painful lonely way that guys are not wanted by the opposite gender and that guys are ugly so based on that guys have to wait till a girl wants a guy and wait for the girl to choose and make all the first moves cause its the girl whos the one who has to make all the first moves cause girls are the ones who controls who has sex with them, so you ask why can't you get a guy, i ask why can't you? simple your not making any moves and are expecting everything to be the guys job when its not

• Afraid of rejection plus it takes tones of courage to approach something women and girls don't have to worry about. I never approach because well I'm ugly and get laughed at.

• I can't speak for most men, but the reason I've at times not asked girls out is because of low self-esteem! I couldn't bring myself to believe that the girls in question liked me and refused to believe, so never bothered asking them.

Of course they assumed I wasn't interested and moved on.

What Girls Said 2

• I have noticed many questions here. Am i look beautiful? Rate me whatever.
    And this is way interesting to see now.

Being beautiful is not a problem. It should be a plus to you.

First , act normal like friendly nice kind. Don't think about your beauty. It just limits you. It prevents you to show your inner beauty which is important too.

When people see how friendly , cool you are, they will start to approach. And when they come, be yourself. All you need is being yourself.

• Because he is a little shy or doesn't want to make any official moves