I have a crush on a nerdy guy! Help me!!!?

So...There is a nerdy guy in my school I've been crushing on for about 6 months now. He is very shy and factual though he has a lot of humour which he only shows from time to time. I befriended him a bit and he got more comfortable with me. I am shy, too... I wrote him that I like him very much. That was in the evening.
Because I knew that he would be confused, I write him again the next morning. He had not answered until then. So I said: sorry if that was a bot unexpected but I just wanted to tell you. And he said: "there's no need to be sorry. ;) but I actually really did not know if that text was for me" ...

That's the current situation. I didn't know whether I should answer something so I didn't. I am a bit confused now and think that I just made everything very embarrassing. I don't know how to continue...

We have dancing classes for prom together now (I asked him.) but it is a bit weird. We hardly look into each other's eyes but we talked a bit. The situation is a bit strange... And awkward...
What do you think? Does he like me? What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you've done great so far. What I'd do next is talk to him about what you said in the text in person and try to set something up for you two to do before prom comes your way. It's probably better to be a little more comfortable before that. Good luck!

• So you think I should ask him out before prom? My idea was asking him afterwards because if he says no I will never see him again and it will not be even more awkward.

• But imagine the possibility of him saying no now. Prom would be like hell!

• I understand. It's still better to do it now.

What Guys Said 5

• Damn girl where were you back when I was in high school.

• Awkward is normal for your age and level of experience. Assume he likes you and go from there :) Be bold!

• Tell him in person, its too hazy now, hell im a nerd and i would like being told in person...

• Thank you. I thought about that but I don't want to be too aggressive...

• Then act all shy about it

• Try to communicate and get closer...

• Ball's in his court now

What Girls Said 1

• Awwww! His reply to your text just seems so... cute. I love shy people.

Anyway, try to get closer to him. It wouldn't hurt for you to be the more decisive one of you two... Someone has to be if anything is to come out of this! I think he may like you, you don't know until he gives you a very definite answer, really.