How many drinks would you usually have on a date? What would you consider is too many?

I am dating someone who usually has about 5-6 drinks every time we go to dinner. He doesn't even finish his food sometimes. I prefer to have a great dessert and he will drink instead. Even if we hang out at a lake, he would say 'As long as there is beer, I am happy'. he doesn't even have a car (and I do), TV, nor will he spend 30 dollars to replace a watch battery but he will spend 150 dollars on a single night to the bars sometimes.

• 1-2
  • 3-4
  • 5+

Most Helpful Guy

• particularly on a first date I think 1-2 is really all you need

frankly I don't drink much more when I'm on a date just because it's expensive. I want to drink a bit to calm the nerves but not so much as to make me not behave 100% like myself. I also don't want to come off as some sort of heavy drinker so early on because I don't want a person to get the wrong impression about me

What Guys Said 6

• 1 or two drinks... not 5 or 6 lol.

img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/.../...1330049925_full.gif

• Dude is an alcoholic.

• 0 im a good boi

• What a loser.

• I put 3-4 because I'm a decent sized dude. Over the course of 2 1/2 hours I could do 2 shots and drink 5 beers and still not even be over the legal limit to drive (Not that I would because that's right on the borderline there). So to me, 1-2 drinks is like a waste of calories. I was out for a friends birthday a few days ago, I had 2 shots of 80 proof liquor and 1 of 110 proof, I honestly didn't even feel anything at all. Not even a little flush in the face. So yeah, 3-4 drinks would be a minimum if I was going out with the purpose of drinking.

If I'm going to drink, I want to feel it. So I need at least 3-4 just to potentially feel something. Anything less than that and to me I might as well just have water.

• What about a date? I did not say going out with friends.

• That's what I'm saying. If I'm drinking, it's to feel something. Why drink alcohol and not at least get SOME buzz? Seems like a waste of alcohol.

• I am a heavy drinker, because I like to drink.

• On a date even?

• Yes. It's not like I get drunk. I just have a high tolerance.

What Girls Said 8

• 0 drinks. I want to stay sharp. Or maybe 1/2 a drink. Anymore than that, and I'll be saying/doing things that I don't need to say/do. Your guy sounds like he has a problem...a really big problem :/

• I try to stay as far away from alcoholic beverages as possible when on dates. I don't want to end up ordering drink after drink and be hammered by the end of the night. If I'm really nervous about the date, then I'll have one drink to calm down my nerves but that's about it.

In your scenario, this guy is most likely an alcoholic because that's an awful amount of drinks for just a couple of hours.

• He's an alcoholic it seems like. I would move on.

• Personally? The most I've had is a sip or two of my boyfriend's one drink. I don't drink at all, and typically he only drinks socially, and rarely ever drinks enough to get intoxicated.

• He drinks too much (just almost to be a drunker) or he is so nervous.

• like one, maybe two

• 1-2.
    I wouldn't pay attention to the number of drinks he had unless he started slurring and what not, haha!

• He sounds like an alcoholic.
    My boyfriend's roommate did similar things. He stopped paying their internet bill but he somehow managed to keep the freezer constantly full of vodka.
    If you're going to keep seeing this guy just be careful with him.