How can I tell where this relationship is headed? Is he into me long term? Or should I not waste my time wondering?

So there's this guy I'm dating casually. But I have a hard time understand where we stand in a relationship , which gets confusing for me. He has a very quirky but cool personality & he is the most open minded and interesting person I have ever met. I can always truthfully believe that he is 100% genuine & that's sometimes hard to find. So i like him. Anyway we talk often; he normally texts / calls me every day. We go on dates every few months & we always enjoy eachothers company. He calls me beautiful and sexy often but we have never even come close to sex. We've never even kissed. We do cuddle in movies and hold hands when were together, he's a gentleman & holds doors open for me and always pays for me.. so I know its more than a friendship.. I've met both of his parents, and a lot of his friends & family. Ik he talks about me to his close friends. We both openly date other people. & I've asked him what he wants from me and he answers with an I don't know. He seems like a "live in the now " free spirited type person. He has also told me he isn't ready for a relationship. & he wants to get his life together b4 he starts worrying about someone else's. He also one night told me that he really liked me but seemed like he was trying to shake the feeling.. ie. Didn't reply when I told him I liked him too. Seems a lot like he tries to hide his true feelings from me & is quite good b/c I'm confused haha. I just wonder why He acts this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're dating casually, then you shouldn't be wondering about such things.

If you're wondering, then you're not dating casually. You're just pretending to.

What Guys Said 1

• kinda sounds like he just told you straight the answer you're looking for. he just isn't looking for that relationship right now ya know? he enjoys your company though but he probably doesn't want to advance anything if he thinks it will end up bad in the near future.

What Girls Said 1

• He is not ready for a relationship. He did state this. If you want to understand bette he is the only one with the accurate answers