Girls, what height do you like in a guy?

Recently, I've seen quite a few girls asking whether taller men find shorter women attractive. I've also seen answers on both sides of the spectrum, so there doesn't appear to be one solid answer. That led me to create this question, just for fun.

Girls, if you could choose an ideal height for your significant other, how tall would you like them to be (assuming that they had every other quality you could possibly want)?

• 5'5" or shorter
  • 5'6" - 5'8"
  • 5'9" - 5'11"
  • 6'0" - 6'2"
  • 6'2" or taller

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'2, so I like guys that are at least a head taller then me, so 5'10 - 6'4 will do :)
    It feels so nice when a tall guy hugs you and their arms wrap all around. At moments like this I feel so delicate and fragile and I can smell the faint cologne or detergent on their clothes *__*

What Girls Said 24

• You're hard pressed, where I come from, to find a man below 6'0. That being said, the average by me is 6'4. 6'4 and up is good. Yeah, I'm THAT girl, deal with it :p

I left my hometown for college and was like O.o

My friend at college was telling me that any guy over 5'8 is a waste of space though so I mean, there's also that mentality lol

• I'm 6'4" myself, so I don't mind if you're THAT girl at all.

Can't say that I'd be too fond of that friend, though, lol

• :) It'd be hilarious. But she's not going to date her kid so maybe she'll feel differently then.

• i like putting my head on that sweet spot. them boobies!
    so i guess id prefer 5'9" - 6'2"

• ALL of your options are A OKAY with me to be honest I'm tiny 5'1 so its all good in the neighborhood.

• No preference either way? You'd be alright dating a guy the same height as you, or over a foot taller than you? I'm sure that gives hope to lots of guys of various heights! :)

• That's very true, as well. Thanks for the response!

• Yep no problem :)

• Ideally, 6 ft and taller. The tallest I've dated was 6'6'' and there was a foot height difference between us. I didn't mind it.

• 5'4 and up.

• anywhere from 5'7 to 5'11 but believe it or not i've had a recent crush on a guy about my height and i'm 5'2

• I voted 6'0" - 6'2", but really anything 5'10" and over is fine with me. I'm 5'5.5" and in general the taller the better.

• Anything taller than 5'8". 5'10" is perfect anything taller is good too. Nothing over 7'1" generally. I'm not so picky I can be attracted to short guys too. Like Frank Iero <3

• Taller than me. And I'm 5"1 😅

But for the shorter guys who feel pressured by looking at these answers, don't worry!! Because height doesn't really mean too much when it comes to making life decisions together does it? Height isn't very important!

• Good point. I've always loved short girls, but a good short girl and a good tall girl will make the same good decisionl

• I like guys taller than 5'10'' :)

• Ideally he would be over 6' as I'm 5'10" but hey, my bf is 5'11" it's not everything.

• Being 6ft 3 " myself, short guys are just not for me. I feel like I would break them. However very tall skinny guys also don't do it as I feel they will snap in half. The same height or up to 4 inched taller but nicely built and able to lift me up is great.

• Lol, so basically, you just want somebody that you're not going to snap like a twig. :)

• I seriously don't care! :]

• 6'2" or taller

• 5'0 - 5'11

• I am 5'2 and the ideal height for me would be from 5'10-6'3

• My bf is 6'4''

• I am not 6'4".. why did you lie? .. I am 6'1"...haha..just kidding

• I'm afraid there is not much you can do about that one.

• I know. Have fun with him, while I suffer (:

• 5'5 to 6'2

• Anything above 5'10" is fine, but the taller the better IMO.

• Doesn't really matter but I'm extremely short so I think me personally would look best with 5'9"-5'11"

• I have never dated anyone shorter than 6'3 my boyfriend is 6'5

• Am 5'3 and recently met someone 6'3 and am in love with his size an all lol. Someone my size am not usually attracted to, needs have a great personality to impress me. I prefer someone taller than 5'8+ ..6'3+ are more my type of guy :)

• i like them to be 5'9 to 6'0 because tall guys are extremely attractive, but i am 5'2 so hugging them becomes awkward. A guy around 5'6 is probably the perfect height for me to hug and kiss

What Guys Said 6

• 2|0
    • Don't say that. You tall motha f'er. LOL!!! You take those girls and I'll take girls like "Battery-empty".

My preferences don't limit women, because if it did 97% of girls in the entire world wouldn't get this.

I forgot to respond in your opinion my bad.

• That's true biggie. I'm tiny lol!

• Yeah lol, I was just in a really pissy mood that day. It's all love, man.

• It's almost depressing looking at these results and seeing that us guys marooned at 5'6" are somewhat lacking appreciation :L

• Lol, I was looking at the lack of appreciation for guys over 6'2", so I feel your pain.

• You could ask whether they'd like their husband to make <70k, 70-120, 120-300, 300-1 million, or 1 million + a year and conclude that most men are too poor.

Then you could ask how much muscles they like and determine we should all be on steroids.

Nobody expects or even looks for a partner who is ideal in every way.

• Yeah but the reality is that there are more tall guys than rich guys you can't compare the two. Girls would gladly settle with a guy that makes less money.

• A lot of sand in here. That's sad.

• girls have preferences just like we do lol.

• To be honest 6'1 is pretty short if I'm aiming for 5'10 girls they think I'm too short for them. I usually attract girls who are 5'2-5'8 anything 5'9 and up want even taller than me!

• Everyone is shallow some more some less. you care about boobs or ass I'm guessing lol. But if a girls face is hot those don't really matter to me that much.

• Looks is everything. Height is nothing. Looks turn the table around :)

• /sigh...
    oh well

• we know those feels even though I'm 6'1 a lot of 5'10 girls think I'm short -_- lol. I usually attract short girls.

• at least you get any

• I'm 6'3/6'4 and I get no girls so height doesn't really matter in my opinion