I guess it's a lie when a guy/girl says they don't care about looks?

Some of you don't care about looks for real. But majority of them say they don't care about looks, but they still prefer good looking guys or pretty girls. Why do you even lie? Why don't you be honest. Just say you want a hot girl/guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone cares about looks to some extent. But there are those who genuinely care less about it compared to others. And then there are those who lie as well, yes. They just want to seem kinder than they really are.

What Girls Said 16

• People are naturally drawn to attractive people; it's not shallow to want to be with someone attractive, it's like how people want attractive friends or to be associated with attractive entertainers and Internet personalities. People naturally take notice of attractive people, and there's nothing shameful in acknowledging that and saying that you'd prefer someone attractive to be with.

However, people date within their own level of attractiveness. I think in the case of some people they are self aware enough to figure out where they stand in outward attractiveness. Therefore they are not focused on finding someone based on their appealing appearance, because finding someone with the same level of attractiveness as them isn't a challenge anymore. Rather, finding someone that suits their needs emotionally is the problem, and so they say that they don't care about appearance.

Or at least that's how I see it. In my case it has less to do with "being nice" and more to do with how self aware I am, as well as how well I am in comparing myself to others of the opposite gender without actually comparing.

• It's programmed into us to seek attractive mates, healthy equals beautiful in the animal kingdom. But most people are attracted to superficial beauty. Before the days when you could just buy good looks, humans had to literally work for it by actually taking care of their bodies. As long as a man takes care of himself, I really don't care about his physical traits.

• Of course it's a lie.. The guy can have the best personality in the whole wide world, but if there isn't any physical attraction, the relationship won't function...If it were only for personality, then I would've had a bf before, but guys don't like the way I look, my body, face etc. And to want to date someone means you're attracted to them first. I am sure there are some people who disagree and really care only about personality, but I'm not gonna lie, I care about looks too.More about personality, but looks have a part too. Unfortunately, the question reminds me of this:
    www.okmoviequotes.com/.../...Cxbf1ryiyjvo1_500.jpg
    Sad, but true..

• People just put it the wrong way. Sometimes we don't think that someone is CONVENTIONALLY attractive, as in, there couldn't really be general consensus that the person is somewhat good-looking, but we like them anyhow. Maybe they have some weird trait, like a huge nose or pudgy cheeks, that we find appealing despite most people disagreeing?

Now, when people say "I'd rather have an ugly boyfriend with great personality than a hot jerk" it's basically bullshit. No one in their right mind would pick either.

• I couldn't give a shit if the most attractive guy in the world wanted to date me, if he has a shitty personality, he can go the other way.

Yes, I would like to be physically attracted to them, but I must also be emotionally attracted to them.

• You're just attracted to who you fidn attractive, and that includes looks. Of course looks matter, but you should have some knowledge with that to make people actually interested. If that person is fake, the attraction shouldn't last very long.

• Personally, LOOKS are just as important as personality.Period. I could never date someone I am not physically attracted to. And anyone who claims they can, good luck on that.

• I think for a relationship to be successful, there has to be some physical attraction.
    With that said, I tend to fall for a person for their personality over their looks. A great personality to me is what is most attractive.
    Some people are just shallow, and base their decisions on looks, but how often do those relationships work out?

• You can't really date someone you're not attracted to. I don't care about how good looking a guy is, as long as I am attracted to him. It's weird. I've dated guys who afterwards I don't find appealing at all. Just something about the person has to be attractive in order for anything to work.
    And other times, when people are just that shallow, they don't want to seem that shallow. People want to hear that it's their personality that the other likes, not just their looks. It's all silly.

• It's true yes. Not perfect, but at least attractive to you.

• yes it is and also when they say personality matters more because in reality both matter equally

• Everyone WANTS a hot girl or guy that doesn't make it a necessity.

• Yes, I believe that's a lie. Physical attraction is important in a relationship.

• well if my crush has a replica but his replica is better looking version of him.. i'd choose the replica in a heartbeat.

• people just want to avoid being thought of as shallow. i don't care. i'd rather be honest.

• Tbh, I just met one guy recently. At first I thought he looked weird and not attractive at all. Then we started to talk and we clicked so good. And I kind of started to like how he looked too - now i think he is really cute. Although, as we met second time, all the sparks were gone (that were between us at first time) and I realized that we can be just friends :(

So my point is - personality can change everything :))))

What Guys Said 5

• Everybody wants somebody good looking. Why they lie, I don't know.

• It's all about the whole package my friend. You're right.

• i wouldn't say i care that much about looks, i can giv it 20%...i go for intelligence...yeah i need a hot gal but intelligence is essential to me otherwise you get them hot ones with a water brain

• It's not a lie. You're just not listening, and extrapolating incorrectly.

When someone says they don't care about looks, if you actually listen to what they are saying, it's that they don't care as much about looks as people think they do. And that looks are often not even the deciding factor in choosing whether or not to date someone. And this is true.

But looks do matter and people do care. They just don't necessarily care as much as you think.

• Looks matter, but they shouldn't be the basis in getting into a relationship with someone. If people say looks don't matter then they are misinformed. Physical attraction matters.