Bf doesn't care if he doesn't see me after being away?

My bf just got back from a trip and instead of depending some time with me, he's off again to hang out with his friends this weekend instead.

I don't understand that. I mean, if you were away from your gf/bf for a week and didn't gets chance to talk during that time, wouldn't the first person you want to hang out with be your partner? He made plans with another friends for right after he got back so I don't get to see/talk to him for another couple of days.

That to me shows he doesn't really care about me. If he did he would want to be with me right? Even for a few hours, someone who cares would want to see you right?

I don't know, I'm just so hurt and sad by this.

How would you feel if you were in this situation?

Spending not depending. Sorry, on my phone

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see why are you saddened and upset and I think you have every right to be. I don't see why he couldn't have done both? I.e spend a few hours with you and then go off and see his friends.

I notice a lot of people have a hard time balancing their social life with their friends and their relationship with their partner and that seems what's happening here.

Have you expressed your feelings to him?

• No because I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I'm glad he has friends and I'm glad he has a life outside me, I didn't want him to think I was clingy. But i also wanted him to want to see me without me having to tell him you know?

• Thank you

• You're welcome. :)

What Guys Said 1

• You make more assumptions than anything else.

I know in my case, I'd want to see family first, then friends, then the girlfriend. But that's me. No doubt other guys have their own priorities and their own reasons for wanting what they want.

"That to me shows he doesn't really care about me."

To me, that's a passive-aggressive response to not being first on his list.

• But why wouldn't your gf be your first priority over friends? I get family. But friends?

• Because there's more of them.

What Girls Said 3

• The same way you are

• To me this says your not a top priority to him. My ex was like this. I wasted so much time with someone who didn't love me the way I loved them. Even when we were together he would be in another world on his phone or watching tv, or facebook, etc. How is your relationship when you're together? Does he talk to you a lot and do you have plenty of intimacy?

• Recent no. We've been together for a year and a half and recently we don't do anything together other then sex. That's already frustrated me then this on too of that sorta pushed it over the edge for me

• That is definitely not a good sign. My ex broke it off with me soon after we stopped talking and connecting, and like you we were just having sex. Think you need to have a talk with him and communicate.

• Thank you

• if i was you i would be sad and pissed off