I am attracted to rockers, metalheads and punkers but I'm not their type. Help?

I'm a 24 year old business student and because of my career I find myself dressing very sophisticated, classy and elegant. I occassionally look like a tomboy.

Nobody that doesn't know me long enough would guess that I was a rocker in my teens.
I still listen to rock music, metal, indie, punk, ska, and so on.

I am attracted to these types of guys but when they see me on the streets they usually don't even glance a second time whereas when I was younger I was flooded with attention.

How do I become more approachable for these types of guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe dress more casually when you are in a casual setting? Break out the band shirts when you're just hanging out with friends. I'm kind of in the same boat...though I don't have a job yet, I'd like to get a job where you've got to dress up cause I need the money. But as for who I really am, I'm still very interested in the more creative side of life.

You could also make first contact with those guys. Make an icebreaker - if you see one of these guys wearing a shirt of a band you like, you could just say that it's nice and strike up a conversation about it. Perhaps they'd enjoy the fact that you're a rocker in disguise!

• Now this, this is very helpful advice. Thanks.

• No probs. They may be put off by your business-like appearance, but you could still win them over when you show that you're actually very much into the things they like. I know I would find that pleasantly surprising, myself. I'd be inclined to give such a girl a chance or at least a listen. Good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• you're like that one chick heather locklear from melrose park, she was hot but botox and plastic surgery effed her up. end of story.

• why did you study business in the first place if you didn't like it (or didn't like the requirements of the job) and since you already studying business and it already happened why don't you try to change the way you dress outside of the university and dress the way you like that's what i can say :)

• Never said any of that. I started dressing more appropriately to be taken seriously. I grew up and out of the whole "dressing in all black" phase but I still enjoy the music. I guess dressing a certain way might help though :p

• oh then why don't you forgot about it and just enjoy the music without living it like back when you was a teenager ! just forget it or you if you are really attracted to it just do what you used to do back then when you was a teenager after you finish the lectures you have everyday if that why you want :) i really don't know what to say :P

• \m/

Do you attend to gigs? No matter how you dress, everyone will assume you like the music there.

• "whereas when I was younger I was flooded with attention."
    You just lost your looks. Deal with it.

• Nah. I still get attention from other types of guys now. So I don't need to worry just yet.

• You don't even know me to even make a statement about my looks.

• Well, you probably won't be approached by them while wearing your "sophisticated, classy and elegant" apparel.

You need to wear your black leather and ripped jeans and piercings and show your tats and generally act like you don't give a fuck.

• are you actually attracted to them, or just the 'image'?

• them. I like that we have a lot of similarities.

• how do you know that? Im just asking because I work at many metal concerts, I was security, and I've come across a lot of assholes. So to me it seems like your into the image, not the persons behind the image. There are some good folks at those concerts, but you couldnt tell by just the image. But anyhow, do whatever you want.

• Dress differently in your off hours.

• music and fashion dont define attractiveness. its how they make you feel. what they're saying and how they say it

• You mean like Charlie from LOST?

or one of the original Red version Pokemon trainers you could battle?

What Girls Said 3

• If you use to be a rocker in HS, you should remember how to attract them. Its about attitude and clothing

• around these parts rockers prefer a classical and elegant look on a girl