I have a crush on this girl and want to ask for a date. I always been nervous to be direct with ladies what should I do to feel not so nervous?

I'm beginning to understand why I think I never dated anyone and I believe it has to do with me not making my intentions clear. I notice when I have an interest in a girl I tend to say hangout in friendly way and then wonder why I get friend zoned. It’s been a while since I had an interest in a girl and I have a crush on her, and I would like to have a date with her but I feel nervous to be up front with her about exactly I really want. I know I should be up front about it but I feel nervous and I’m not too nervous about rejection but just me making this move because I never done this before. My fear is me stuttering and have a different vocal sound in my voice. I’m wondering what I can do to relax. Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• You miss all the shots you don't take, so you might as well right? =]
    To be honest, if you're a shy guy (like me) you just have to be confident about your proposal and get it over with. Go confidently, don't keep your head down, look at her directly in the eye and ask her out, oh and smile!

What Girls Said 4

• Just remind yourself of the fact that she is human too. She also has her flaws, so even if you do stutter or get nervous or whatever, if she likes you back she will understand. She might even find it cute and flattering.

• it is hard if you've never asked anyone before but i think you should not be so nervous and if you really like this girl go ahead and ask her the worst she could do is say no. And if she is a kind understanding person she won't make a Massive deal about it.

• Just be honest with her.
    There's this guy that is hinting he's interested and its driving me crazy that he just won't come out and ask me.He keeps sending me little hints, and I do like him a lot, but I'm old fashioned and think the guy should make the first move.

• The best thing you can do is take a deep breath and get it over with. Blurt out a "would you like to go out with me?" so your nervousness won't catch up.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm in the same situation!!!
    I've chilled with this girl twice..such a cute mane..like fuaaaaaaaaarkkkk
    I asked her to chill again, she was like sure haha...i think i'm going to be lie" we should date "

I'm nervous..but i'm going to do it.

• If she's not showing obvious interest in you she's probably not interested, is she?

• You just have to suck it and go for it.

Any man will get nervous about approaching a girl he likes, but that's just natural, we're human after all and nobody wants to get rejected.

But what is worse? Asking and getting turned down or never asking and always wondering "what if".

• Thanks man that makes me feel a bit more confident about it.

• Just go for it man, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.