Getting Called Sweetie by a girl your crushing on signals attraction or friendzoning?

if a girl calls you sweetie through text does it mean she's showing an attraction towards you or just friendzoning you like all the forums or answers post I see when I google this? I want a girls opinion on it to see what girls see and not the pick up artist wannabies. here's a text of what she sent and we've dated a few times.

me: Hey you!
girl: hi sweetie! sorry i didn't reply earlier! how was your friday?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I agree with the others, it COULD go either way.
    But let me say that I personally, would NEVER calla guy Sweetie just as a friend. Thats way too intimate for just friendship and I know if I wasn't interested in him that way it would be leading him on if I didn't feel that way abot him.
    I have a guy friend whom I've known for 22 years. I have NEVER called him sweetie.
    I have a bf of 1 year. I call him sweetie all the time.
    Im leaning towards she likes you romantically. But like the others have said you need to flirt back, its easy over text but do it to test out this theory, believe me if she's not interested romantically she will let you know

What Girls Said 5

• it depends on the girl..if she is on the friendly side then yeah it might just be friendzoning

• I wouldn't consider her the friendly side we had kissed made out and cuddled before. but my current situation we are in a long distance relation and wanted to see if she still shows attraction?

• if this so it might be that she loves you

• so more of a pet name in terms of use than just a friendly use? im just confused cuz yeah a lot of guys and my friends say its pretty much the worse thing to be called ever XP

• If she calls u sweetie all the time then its friends one. If its not so often, only when she is in a very good mood then maybe she is attracted to you

• It depends on whether she uses "sweetie" all the time, to you and everyone else then it may not be that she likes you. But it also may be that she does like you, you can never really tell without asking. It could go either way.

• If she calls everybody sweetie or. honey then it's probably just a friend thing but if not then yes she likes you! The next time she does it flirt back and see where it takes you!!

• It's 21st century, you can never know :(

What Guys Said 1

• Uh that really depends on the girl but yeah I'm tending more towards the idea that she only sees you as a friend. Hope I'm wrong