He says he has feelings for me but...?

He said that of course he has feelings for me but we have different definitions for feelings. What does that mean? I'm confused

We started out as good friends and he tried hooking up with me when drunk once but it wasn't the right time but pretty much as soon as The right time presented itself we started hooking up. We live far away from each other, so it was sort of a
Whenever either of us were in the area kind of thing but now he's moving even further away. We ended it a while ago and then got into contact again and were debating whether or not to see each other again before he left, which was in a week

Most Helpful Guy

• probably trying to differentiate between friend-feelings and love-feelings.

• I don't think it's that because we have been hooking up for two years and he's gotten jealous of other dudes and stuff

• could still be if he thinks your feelings are different than his.

• Hmm well if someone I only cared for as a friend asked if I had feelings, I'd say "not in that way. I care about you but I don't feel that way about you." I guess maybe that's what he meant? But what doesn't make sense is that isn't a general difference in the definition of feelings, that's him saying he doesn't feel the same way I do. I feel like what he was saying is he defines having feelings differently than I do as a whole

What Guys Said 2

• it means he is falling in love with you and he really cares and worries about you

• By saying he has feelings means he's not in love with you but he love you enough not to let you go

What Girls Said 2

• Ask him to be more specific. If he really does want to be with you and you want that too, what will it hurt. If you find out he just cares for you as a friend, kool. You can now work on moving on. The quicker you find out the less you will overthink it.

• We've been hooking up off and on for two years but now he's moving and I asked him a week before he was moving and he said that ^ and then added "I haven't wanted to date anyone, you know that. So I tried to never see us as more than what we were. But of course I have feelings for you."

• Validation? Just because I don't see a future with him, doesn't mean I don't want to know that he least felt something for me and that it was mutual during the time we did spend together

• I'm sure it is. Guys can find sex pretty easy and if he is chosing to spend his time and effort with you, then thats nice. Take it for what it is.

• I'm confused too.

• Right? Hahaha

• Hmm maybe his feelings are more intensified than your or vice versa and thats why his definition is different than yours. I'm bipolar so my feelings for someone are much stronger than their feelings for me so I am always very careful about liking/friending someone because I do not want to get too invested only to get disappointed because they don't feel the exact same way as me.