MEN: If a woman was amazing (physically/emotionally/mentally), but was vegan, would you date her?

Just wondering if me being vegan will hurt my chances in the dating world...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm somewhere in the middle of the two extremes diet wise, and after attending a 'gathering' yesterday, honestly, the eating habits of the majority irk me. Beige, greasy, salty, sugary, processed, and fart inducing, is how I'd describe it. I think in practical terms, I'd need to be with someone who has a somewhat healthy diet. Because I think what you eat is very reflective of inner health, which in turn, radiates back out, as your personality. The good thing is, these things exist on continua. Most people are somewhat healthy and unhealthy, which is fine by me :)

What Guys Said 19

• I believe two people can date who have opposite eating habits
    but people can't pressure one another to change his or her
    eating habits if i want eat a hamburger and she want eat veggies
    i am not going degrade her eating habits and i expect the same
    in return

• Um, I'm vegetarian, so I think I could handle it. But ask yourself this, are you willing to be with someone that does not share such an important part of your value system. For you it would be like loving dogs, and dating a guy that loves dog fighting. Keep that in mind.

• I'm... I'm not sure. It's too much of a hassle to cope with it. You can't even properly make lunch for both people, you need to make two food types all the time.. your family needs to adjust to it at family gatherings... such... hassle... that's just... the most romantic food I can think of involves bacon. Also, I can barely cope with the fact that that's technically avoiding proteins, and proteins are essential for survival, and that would bug me because I'm a bit obsessive when I disagree with something.

• only if she forced me to be vegan as well. i would adjust what i cooked to make her happy, but as long as im allowed to make what i want too.

girl i knew for a long time, was a vegan for 7 years. had a bite of meat, hasn't gone back since...just sayin'

• also, if u say you're amazing, physically, but then go anonymous, that's bragging. no proof, no truth

• OFCOURSE I WOULD DATE HER!!

Do I need to say anything beyond that? :) I'm going for her not her diet (just hope she doesn't ask me to change my diet pattern & tastes lol)

• your eating habits shouldn't affect your dating unless you are one of the veginazis that get weird when other people eat meat and dairy. Other wise if you are amazing and all that then why wouldn't a guy date you?

• If a woman is physically, emotionally and mentally amazing, she could eat dogfood and a good guy would still date her. As long as she doesn't criticize him for eating meat!

• I would not date her. I hunt and there is no way Im going to quit that or eating meat. I guess if she never brought it up ever to me, family, friends or anyone else when I was around, I guess that would be ok. The first time I heard her preach to anyone it would be the last.

• The funny thing is that I'm vegan, don't preach to people, always find something to eat whenever I go out, yet meat eaters like to criticize my lifestyle. Mind you I've been on both sides of the fence, but never realized how much a person's food preference could effect a relationship.

• I kill my own food, but my ex was a hot vegan.

You won't have any trouble.

• Honestly I don't know I am a big meat guy but I suppose I will cross that bridge if and when I come to it no reason to worry about something that may never happen.

• if you dont cook me vegan meals I am ok with you. but I dont think I will marry you cause I am not into some hippie stuff and I see vegans lke that. I'dd more likely br friends or friends+ with her if you know what I mean

• As long as she doesn't annoy me about eating meat it wouldn't bother me.

• Gaawd no...

• No, because I know in the long run my non veg diet would bug her or the lack of non veg would bug me.

• As long as I can eat what I want as well. Then it wouldn't even be a problem

• For sure id date her!

• If she ate my meat I wouldn't complain since I'd eat hers too. I'd see what would happen after that.

• No. I might be able to deal with a vegetarian, but not a full blown vegan. It would be a pain to deal with her eating restrictions. They can't even have milk or eggs, which is found in most breads, and that is what the American diet is built around. Plus I wouldn't want to deal with her constantly trying to convert me, which would eventually happen in a long term relationship.

I have heard of men constantly trying to turn vegan suddenly just to impress a girl like yourself. So if you are pretty you will still find plenty of guys that want you. I just wouldn't be one of them.

• If you were amazing how could I not want to date you :)

I would just hope you could accept me eating meat. Actually I was a vegetarian for the better time of my life but my blood work shows that I'm healthier with a small amount of meat in my diet.

What Girls Said 2

• I knoww I'm a girl, but being with a vegan is a big commitment, especially if you want to go out to restaurants. The vegan restaurants I know are very limited and very expansive.

• That's another thing, the first time we had to go to a vegan restaurant it would be the last too.

• LOL I'm vegetarian (yes not as extreme as Vegan) but I will give you props because being Vegan is difficult.
    I think that if you make it clear that you won't be judgmental and still maybe cook their favorite food or go out to places that might not be totally vegan friendly then they have no excuse not to date you!