Would guys rather date a girl with a super southern accent or no accent at all?

Every time I date some who's not super country or just moved to my hometown, I always get picked on about my accent. I mean would they rather me talk super boring with no accent and sound like a teletmarketer?

412

Most Helpful Guy

• she won't get rejected by me if a girl with a accent asked me out, are you sure your getting picked on or complimented/admired for it?

• Well I don't know but its annoying BC it happens all the time!

• its a common thing and i dont think they are making fun of you, but, if possible try to stay away from those who annoy you about it all the time

What Guys Said 11

• I would find that to be turn on!

• No southern accent please

• in fact no accent that I perceive to be in correct English and is so bad it's a turn off

• I love the American southern accent coming from the UK. A girl with a accent like that would win me over.

• Southern accent on a woman is hot. I would be instantly more attracted to you on that basis alone. Haha

• Accents can be hot but if its too southern to where I don't know what the hell you are saying then thats a turnoff.

• southern accents are cute

• I don't mind southern accents, some of them can be hot. I'm good either way.

• I don't care I'd date a girl that doesn't have an accent and I'd date a girl that has a super accent, I live in Florida and about every girl has an accent here it's hot actually.

• Well do you have an accent? Lol

• Yeah I do I have a mix of California valley, Idaho mountain and Florida country accents, so I have a good accent. And California and Florida accents are very different so my accent sounds pretty funny :P

• I'm not from the US, so I have no preferance in US accents.

• It can be cute for a girl to have that accent

• I wouldn't date unless the girl has redneck accent

What Girls Said 4

• I don't get US accents me? I just think you all sound the same apart from people in Texas lol (from England)

• Southern accent? SIGN. ME. UP.

• Not having an accent (or a super noticeable one) does not make some boring.