He didn't make a move, now what?

My friend of 5 or so months asked me on a date this weekend. It was really fun and I loved it. We went on a 5 hour hike with his dog and then grabbed dinner and a movie. there were no awkward patches and nothing went wrong. we had a great time and were flirting the whole time. we even have such similar tastes that we got the same thing at the restaurant without even talking about it. when we were at the movie he didn't make any sort of move to hold my hand or put his arm around me. I thought that he might be shy so i touched my leg to his to kinda let him know the interest was there, he didn't move away though. so now i am wondering how to proceed, because i really do like him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps he is shy, or perhaps he thinks its chivalrous to treat a lady friend to a pleasant first date without expecting any 'action' so to speak. If you really like him, touch his knee or his chest if you are feeling brave, then gaze into his eyes and try to act coy. If you do this he is bound to take the hint if he is interested

What Guys Said 6

• He probably didn't make a move because he was shy. Either that or he probably didn't want to make a wrong move and ruin the night.

• Its totally ok for girls to make moves too. Guys do like it...a lot.

• You should have looked at him and smiled after the leg touching thing. He's probably wondering "oh crap does she like me or does she not? yeah I'm gonna play it safe and not make a move yet."

• go on another day with him and try to get to know him a bit more and once you feel ready then your move if he seems shy. its the only way you will know if he is really interested.

• Take it slowly and dont rush

• girls gotta realize guys are not always going to make moves, its the girl who has to make moves first, guys are already interested in girls but since girls are soo different than guys, she has to show her feelings and desires etc first, simple as that

What Girls Said 0