How the heck do two people fall in love with each other?

How do people fall in love? Is it usual mutual or does one person usually fall and the other person tags along?

I've had several ltr's and been in love, but it still confuses me!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, real love is mutual. It's true that some people fall in love more quickly than others...it's pretty rare that both partners are going at the EXACT same speed.

But usually the best love is the one that's completely mutual and the two people involved are falling for each other at a fairly similar rate.

• I've never been so great at matching up. Any ideas on how to work in that?

• I wish I knew the answer to that. I'd be a billionaire living in a beach house somewhere. Haha!

I think with love, the very best advice I can give is to be yourself as much as humanly possible, to not be afraid to take risks and make yourself vulnerable, and to give it with reckless abandon once you've found it with someone.

It's not something that can be forced or artificially created, basically, but it's something you can work on to improve your chances with. That's basically where I was headed with that. :-)

What Guys Said 4

• "How the heck do two people fall in love with each other?"

Today, it's amazing they can and not end up with Charles Manson or Lorena Bobbitt.

• It's a mystery... Poets write about it, Wise people try to harness it, and we try to find it...

• I think it's the falling out you should be more concerned about.

• Getting relationships where you both have a high interest level started is something that it's harder to find advice about.

• well with a guy we fall in love with a girls beauty first and what we desire her for, which is love and sex, most of the time a girl doesn't even notice or care to notice a guy whos crazy for her, cause she doesn't desire the same things and its all based on luck, but on the girls side. girls fall in love when they want to and its not based on luck its based on whether she wants someone in the first place and someone in particular and when she makes the first moves on him, so i guess it "mutual" for a girl but for a guy he has to "tag along"

• Girls feel that way too - I think everyone sometimes falls for people who don't have the same feelings.

• tell me about it.. ugh

What Girls Said 3

• There is no such thing as "love." It's all about the neurotransmitters that happen to be flooding your system at the moment.

• You would be incorrect in assuming this because just as you say...there no such things as love...u certainly explained what love is on the chemical level...therefore...yes there such a thing as love...it just may not be this magical attraction...and more explainable than popular belief.

• Finefine, a specific deluge of NTs induces a state of feeling (illusion) described as "love".

• Pheromones

• There are many factors and its all confusing. Its just what you feel

• Are there ways to speed it along? I se to go ages without having feelings for anyone and other people seem to do do quite easily.

• No either you feel it or you don't