Why do guys like dating younger girls?

I know the evolutionary reason is that they're more fertile. But what's the social reason? Is it that theyre prettier? That you ger girls easily impressed?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are more attractive, sexually as a high-level rule. A 20 year old who is an 8 is a lot hotter than a 40 year old who is an 8. Plus, it gives you a chance to vicariously re-live your youth.

What Guys Said 16

• Societies been brainwashing a lot of people.

What i hate is that girls tell me and other guys that the guy HAS to be older because thats the way its meant to be.

Then we have girls like yourself that wonder why guys like younger girls. No offence to you, i like that you think that way.

Whats it matter if Im 3 years younger or older than a girl for example.

Other than that its mainly based on how hard guys are willing to work for a girl. When a guy is older it feels like they have more control. You feel that you can call the shots, you're ahead of time so when your girl is ready to get serious you are ready.

The reason why guys don't go for older girls isn't because they aren't attractive but because of other peoples cliche thinking, the fact that the girl would be ready for what a guy is not etc.

Lets say Im 18. There are two girls. One 16 and one 20.

If i were to date the 16 year old, as she matures and reaches 18, ill be 20. If she wants to take things seriously like get married, move out or whatever Im ready. The guy is the head so he's gotta be ready.

Whereas if i wanted to go for a 20 year old at 18 its a lot harder. They're ready to get married, do what they want etc whilst the guy is still doing his own thing at home or the girl would just view him as immature.

Its not the looks but peoples ridiculous baseless mindset.

• WRONG. Anyone who does that because of society is a mindless sheep. I have a mind of my own, and I still prefer older men. Not because of age, but because of maturity and those two factors correlate.

• How am i wrong? I speak to so many girls and 80% say the same.

You were asking the question? Simple.

The 16 year old and 20 year old is my current situation. Its a lot easier for me to go for the younger than the older.

Im very mature for my age. Got my own business going and everything.

You have a mind of your own but others don't even think about the actually maturity

• You have kind of answered your own question. Evolutionary, prettier, and easily impressed.

I'm already with a life partner so this wouldn't apply to me but if I were single and looking for, there is a very good chance I'll shoot for my own age bracket.

ummm, let me think of a polite way to say this...

Younger girls do not make very good "mind mates" with older men. Yes, this will do. We are not really intto them for their brilliant opinions or astounding views on life, for example.

• Younger girls are usually in better physical shape than older girls therefore may be more desirable.I myself have dated younger girls, not necessarily because they were pretty, but because we happened to have some things in common.I have found tho, that I would prefer to date someone in my age range +- 5 years, as we have more life experiences that reflect a common time.

• The social reason IS the evolutionary reason. Younger women are prettier. It would be a disadvantageous adaptation for older women to be sexually attractive, because guys would spend time fucking older women (which produces no viable offspring) instead of the young ones that will give them lots of babies.

• Why do females often have a preference for older guys?

Obviously it's a mutual supply-demand thing. You need to look at both sides.

• I DO. I stil need to know the male perspective.

• I'm interested mostly in the age range of +1 to -2 so I don't really see into the reasons behind 24-18 ratios. I prefer people in this fashion who are on the same stage of development as I am.

• Honestly i don't care if she's older or younger then me as long as she's within my age range.

• Evolution? I still have yet to see a chimp give birth to a human being. When that happens ill answer this. What we need is a revolution

• probably what you said, evolution

• It's more that younger girls want older guys, so younger girls are way easier to get

• Im 20 and gurls under 24 would be nice

• because women want older men

• I'm attracted to older women, but those women aren't interested in me, it's the younger girls who are interested.

• I've dated several girls that were younger than me, but it wasn't because they were younger than me. I tend to find older women more attractive. Not too much older, but a good 4-5 older is fine by me.

• They're prettier for longer.

• girls are prettier when in their young age, most of the time, and sometimes a girl might look older than her age, and it doesn't have anything to do with when a girl is fertile, guys can care less about having kids, so its not reproducing a guy wants, and there's no social reason its just guys desire a beautiful girl in his life to love and who will love him and have sex with

• You do realize evolution tends to go hand-in-hand with subconscious actions, right?

What Girls Said 6

• Fresh meat.

• because they are less experienced ans easier to fool!

• i don't know about that but looks seem to matter. i tend to attract men years younger.

• pretty & easy to please

• If you have netflix, there is an interesting documentary called "Are All Men Pedophiles?"

• I'm dating a guy who is a year younger than me.