Guys, what do you think when a girl doesn't wear make up?

I'm 18 and don't wear make up. I take care of my body, personal hygiene and all that, I just don't enjoy smothering my face in cosmetics. I feel just as beautiful without make up on. However, guys rarely make the first move on me, which makes me wonder...

Do guys feel a girl isn't interested in a guy if she doesn't put make up on for them? Is it a tip to you that she's interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't make much difference to me. I went out with a girl who didn't wear makeup and honestly she looked better without it. I'm also not a fan of girls who wear ridiculous amounts of makeup and fake tan

If a girl is clearly making an effort to look nice for a particular guy then yeah it's a tip she's interested. That doesn't necessarily mean makeup though

What Guys Said 6

• Most women are naturally beautiful as is, no make up! I find it a great thing if she can go out without it! It shows me she has self confidence and is comfortable with herself!

• Even if a girl wore makeup, I wouldn't assume that she's wearing it for me. I'd just assume that she's wearing makeup. It wouldn't affect my decision to approach her in the least.

• Pretty much what the other guys said, I'm not a big fan of make-up. I appreciate a woman's natural beauty since that is what you're going to find when she wakes up next to you. Plus, make-up is essentially a cover-up to cover your blemishes which is pretty demonstrative of insecurities.

• She doesn't look like a clown or she's getting ready for Halloween. I like a natural look, tho a little bit of makeup is OK to enhance her natural beauty.

• Hmph, makeup just makes desperation obvious. Females without makeup are more attractive than with.

• I prefer girls who don't wear makeup actually, even if they look more "feminine" with it.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys don't care about makeup unless you look like a clown. To them, girls are basically either hot or not. If you're hot without makeup, great. If you need a little enhancement to look good, that's fine too. Just so it looks reasonably natural.
    If you look good without makeup, rock it. I guarantee you no guy is like "OMG, she doesn't wear makeup, what's wrong with her?" However, if you're not very cute and you could use some makeup, it might help.