How to get a boyfriend and/or a social life?

I'm a 17 year old girl, who is going to be a senior in high school. My parents just recently decided to let me date and hang out with friends whenever I want. But the problem is that I've never really put that much effort into creating a social life, and now I'm not sure how.

Bottom line, I'm need some ideas on making more friends and getting a boyfriend during my senior year of high school.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I assume you have friends. Hang out with them a little, they are bound to know some boys. You should get some exposure that way. And if you see a guy you like, for God's sake ask him out. I think a lot of guys would love that. Rejection is hard, but you may get some dates that way too. Like the other 'poster' said, school activities that you would be interested in will have some guys involved too...

• Join clubs! You'll be forced to socialize and have conversation material. Be nice and don't be shy! The rest just happens.

What Girls Said 1

• I didn't have many friends at school but if you're not outwardly bubbly or sociable, join some clubs maybe? or ask the friends you do have if you can hang around with them and their other friends? :)

As far as boyfriends, I think once you feel more confident socially that will just fit into place so long as you're mingling with guys and not being too shy :)