"Too Busy For a Relationship" - BS or possible?

Whenever someone says they're "too busy for a relationship" - is this always a polite way of saying "I'm not interested in a relationship with you" or is it possible?

I've seen people on here say that people will always find time for a relationship, but what if the person legitimately works 60-hour weeks, including weekends? How do you find time for a relationship when you don't have much free time to speak of?

Has anyone "made time" for a relationship when you were, otherwise, very very busy? How did you make it work?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've said I'm too busy for a relationship even to guys who I sort of liked I just never thought it was fair to be in a relationship where I couldn't be there as often as they or I wanted. I've tried to make time for a relationship and it ended horribly, we both ended up getting hurt badly and we don't talk anymore. With a different guy he wouldn't officially commit because "I know I'm going to let you down if we're in a relationship and I don't want that to happen" his words. We were both busy people and it was always him breaking off plans with me because he'd have to work, he forgot whatever he had an excuse for everything and then when I got tired of it I ended it. It hurt a lot more because we had something vs a different guy who I told straight up I don't have a lot of time, we're friends now and I'm glad we didn't hurt each other like the other 2 'relationships' I had but u also believe you don't find time for someone if they mean a lot. You make time.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes, it is possible to be that busy but if your that busy, then you shouldn't be looking to be involved with someone. When things settle down or when you learn what is more important, love or work, then start looking
    Dont start a relationship if you know that you can't totally commit yourself or give 100% of yourself or life to that person when they are giving that to you in return.

• I have always thought that if you really like someone you would not say that. I get that some are not looking for one because of their busy schedule but if you just so happen to find someone that you really like a lot I think that people will make the time.

• When i wanted a relationship; yes i did. Its called prioritizing

• It can be a valid excuse but sometimes people who are not interested in someone will use it as an excuse that is not really valid.

• It means they might like you to an extent, but not enough to adjust their schedule to make time for you

• It could be true I know people who wanted to stay single because they didn't have time to be with someone. And I know for myself to be busy and to be in a relationship

• A little of both.

If the connection rang off the charts, they'd make time. But someone with more time will try out more people.

What Guys Said 1

• Dude, it's most definitely possible to be too busy.

Like all of my college friends are in that situation now due to the economy.