Why is it creepy if a perceivingly unattractive person hits on you vs an attractive one?

Has anyone ever noticed that? When someone hits on you and they are attractive it's funny or cute or d-baggy, but when someone who isn't attractive hits on you it's creepy, weird or odd. Anyone else ever noticed this phenomenon?

Most Helpful Guy

• because ur not attracted to them? thus it comes off as weird. why should you have to talk to someone you're not attracted to...

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah I've seen it, that's just the way society is though. It's ridiculous.

• I don't think it's creepy at all. If someone hits on me and I'm not attracted, I take it as a compliment. If I'm attracted I'm thrilled if they hit on me.

• Well I've never had any girls or women hit on me, it tells me two things 1) I'm to ugly to be approached or 2) I come of intimidating to them? But my guess its the first. Which is probably 100% true.

• awww, don't say that. Don't put yourself down. Maybe you're just not in the right place at the right time

• @HelloHandsome if you only saw my ugly mug you'd wouldn't be saying what you just did.

What Girls Said 1

• I have! I can't help it though. Trashy or unattractive guys creep me out. I feel bad but I can't help it

• Prime example how girls put looks over personality.

• I understand where your coming from, I wouldn't marry someone if I didn't find them attractive. But Girls and yes even some guys say looks don't matter when they do. I personally and this is just me think females care more about looks then men.

• That's probably true. Women are very picky