She is seeing someone else but would hang out as friends?

Recently asked a girl out on a date and she said she is seeing someone but would still hang out as friends.

What to do seeing that I want to date her? (I'm a little younger than this I must have screwed up my birth year)

thank you for the help

is it weird to say if it doesn't work out give me a call?

Most Helpful Girl

• Keeping in contact isn't a bad thing as long as you're not hung up on her. Don't wait for her, live your life and meet people. If it's meant to be it will be, but for now just focus on you and all the other single women out there.

• I won't be hung up on her. But i am wondering if there is a way do things that will leave the door open down the line. I don't want to just go full force for the friends thing if it knocks me out of any romantic chance & I don't want to just end it completely because that seems douchy.

basically looking for the best way to leave the door open for her should things line up in the future.

• Well I'd be careful of becoming friends now, i think some mystery is necessary for initial attraction, and becoming friends kind of destroys that. Maybe hanging out in group settings would alleviate that? It's hard to say, since I don't know either one of you. But generally get her on facebook, so you know what's up with her relationship status and can contact her easily is obvious, the rest is really up to you to feel out.

• Thanks. I'm thinking keep my distance as far as time together but stay in touch a little bit. Seems like the best way to stay friendly while still maintaining that I want to be more than just friends. (that's what I'm taking away from your thoughts, hopefully it sounds like a good move from a girls prospective)

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, don't say that. Right now you guys are in the friend zone so just be friends and don't make things weird with her. Just keep being friends right now. She rejected you because she was seeing someone else, not necessarily because she didn't like you so for right now just keep doing what you are doing.

• that won't land me permanently in the FZ? I'd still like to date her if for some reason the future finds us both in the right place to do so..

What Guys Said 1

• At least she told you she seeing someone else cause that could turn out terribly if she never told you. If she and this guy are serious then I would back off but if not then keep in contact.