I told some guys I take personality over looks... they all laughed at me and now I feel embarrassed? Did make a wrong call?

I very seriously take personality over looks. A guy can be 250lbs and if he had an awesome personality I'd go for him anyway. I told that to some new girl friends and they just... laughed at me! They are only a year younger too. Even the guys were like yeah right? I am serious though. Is that not the way it works in the real world with mature people? Am I just a phony? I just feel really bad after this. They are new friends and I was being honest... I'm almost horrified that they seriously seriously didn't agree! Seems over the top for me. Seems like something I figured out years ago. Shouldn't people my age (24) have already figured this out?

What Guys Said 1

• He/she who laughs last, laughs the loudest.

• so are they sucky guys then?

• Yep, the epitomy of idiots.

• laammee. Can't people just grow up

What Girls Said 5

• NO YOU DID NOT MAKE A WRONG CALL AT ALL. In fact, you made the right call on this one. I feel the same way. You wanna find someone who has an amazing personality, like someone who can make you laugh. In the end, we're all gonna get old and wrinkly and not so attractive. So why go for looks? Looks fade, but personality will always be the same.

• Yes! Looks fade and personality remains (so long as they are mature enough). I guess I just couldn't see where they were coming from anymore. I passed that phase loonngg ago. They really did laugh at me... like they didn't believe me or something! One of the girls backed me up. The guys just kind of didn't know what to say. It was weird! I've never had that happen haha

• They are small minded and foolish. In the end, you will be the one who is happiest with the love you shall find, because you went with personality, not just looks.

• Maybe they'll eventually grow out of it? I hope! I was really surprised.

• There is absolutely nothing wrong in choosing personality over looks. That's your personal preference and nobody has a right to judge you for that.

Your sweet and understanding, not to mention highly mature friends won't get this. But that's ok. Just because THEY think its stupid or whatever doesn't mean you should stop being who you are. Be proud of it.

• You made a great decision. I am the same way and get laughed at but I give everyone a chance and find only the nicest of guys

• Yeah, I just think at 24-25 we should have already known this. I mean, they were serious when they said they took looks over personality! Who does that? haha

• No, you're right. Looks don't matter. You're right, for going for a person's personality. :)