Me, hickies, and my parents. I need some wisdom on the matter.

Well, I'm 16 and in my first relationship. It's my boyfriends first relationship too, so we're both learning and its been heaps of fun.
Anyway, I got my first hickey when he was at my house. He felt really bad afterwards and I told him I could hide it with a scarf and he felt better.
So I hid it so no one could see it cause I didn't want attention about it
Anyway Mum discovered it and she got grouchy about it

I know it looks trashy, but I tried to hide it
I know it means my boyfriend was sucking on my neck, but he apologised cause if felt bad

Was is so bad about them? At least I tried to hide it
Shouldn't my mum be grateful that I hid it and that my boyfriend apologised to her too after she found it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your mum maybe fears you both are gonna go all the way to having sex. Maybe she's one of people (like me) who doesn't want school going teens to have sex.

What Guys Said 4

• it's just not very classy or mature. it takes a good amount of time to get a hickey so essentially it means that he sat there sucking on your neck

also it's just essentially like throwing it into your parents face

• They look trashy. I am 45 and I would never let a woman give me one. It is not something that needs to be advertised. I can see it being even worse for a woman since you have "society" to judge you.

• They are tacky looking. This will blow over if you stop making a big deal about it. Just avoid them in the future.

• the coverup is always worse than the crime...just ask nixon. oh wait, he's dead

What Girls Said 2

• It's just that they look trashy, but, you're 16, we all get them. Parents don't wanna picture their kids doing anything remotely sexual.

• Exactly. We all have to learn some day. :)
      Thank you CommieDearest-san. ^_^

• She fears that the hickey will lead to sex next time have him give you it in another spot my be would give it to me on my chest no sex just heavy making out and touching

• I'll talk to him about different spots, that's a good idea. :)
      Thanks Anonymous-san.

• No problem ;)