Should I go for my guy best friend who is two years younger than me and also my brothers good friend?

Okay, so I like my guy best friend. We talk constantly and I have heard from a couple people he feels the same way. He's honestly perfect! He's respectful, has a great family, smart, nice, athletic, funny, cute, the total package. But the problem is he is two years younger than me, he's also my brothers best friend, and I'm going off to college in the fall and kind of want the whole college experience. I don't want to hurt him in any way! Should I go for him? Should I wait a year and see how I feel after a year of college?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait until after you've spent some time in college. You will be amazed at how much college changes you and your perspective on younger (high school) people. You don't want to start dating him now, go to college, and suddenly feel like you're dating a child. Also, you'll probably have a lot easier time meeting people if you are single than if you are trying to maintain a long distance relationship. If in a year you still like him, maybe go for it then. For now, wait and you'll probably be moved on in no time come September.

I especially recommend this because he's also your and your brother's friend, so that has even extra potential of things getting awkward if it doesn't work out.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like a perfect start to a relationship to me. Two years younger is no big deal. All of the women I've gone out with (with the exception of one) have been older than me. Now, if you were talking about a 13 or 16 year old, that would be different, but if you're both consenting adults, the best of luck to you!

I wouldn't wait. When you feel like this, and trust me on this, it's best to act sooner rather than later.

• age doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter.. waiting is also a better option.. wait for him if you have the same feelings as now and if he tooo is in the same feeling..then go and get him, but don't be late k , al d best

What Girls Said 0