Is it weird that i'm dating a blind guy?

I have a boyfriend who is blind, people say rude things sometimes, and make a deal out of the fact he's blind , but he doesn't act blind blind, he plays guitar abd drums, he can read brail just like anyone else can read print, and so forth

So is it weird?

0|0
8|15

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I'd date a blind girl. I think it's pretty awesome that you can see past the downsides, it's an attractive quality

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Not at all.

I'd date a blind girl. If we could take Lilly out of Katawa Shoujo (fictional character in a visual novel), I would date her, so I see no problem with it at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect level: 90000000000

It's not weird at all. I find it awesome that there are people out there especially under 18 that are willing to date blind people. I know if I was blind, I'd feel like my love life is over. You're awesome. Thank you for being awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect us what I have and no it's not weird if you two like each other then that is all that should matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • just because he has a handicap (blind) doesn't mean he doesn't or can't do ever thing else a normal person would do , so is it weird no

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, that is great you can overlook his disability and love him for who he is

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it certainly isn't weird. What sort of rude things do people say?

0|0
    0|0
    • They say stuff like "she couldn't get a guy who see's?" just petty stuff like that

• Do you think its weird

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Because most people reject what they dont understand, like why would a person with sight date a person without sight, i think its great although it put a lot of responsiablity on you

• Not really, to be honest, it's almost nothing, he's very independant, actually I think he does more for me then I do for him O.o

• Not only a no but a hell no. Blind and deaf people etc have as much right to date as non blind, def and handicap people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah whats wrong with you? ;P

0|0
    0|0
  • not weird...
    im curious, how do you guys manage your sex life?

0|0
    0|0
  • there's a guy on here who's blind and doesn't date

0|0
    0|0
  • do u love hi ot not if so who cares for people's opinion i wish u live with him in love ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • really, literally blind as in he can't see?

0|0
    0|0
    • He can sometimes see really bright colors, and shapes, but it has to be very bright, but he still needs like the blind cane and all that

• So you're letting what people say about your relationship get to you?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• No it is not weird! Do you think it's weird? Do you feel embarrassed? Being blind is not an option, and if you are with him because you genuinely love him, makes you a better person and you should not care what the rest of the world thinks.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh i don't think it's weird, and i'm certainly not embarassed, it's just kind of annoying when people stare and make comments about it, cause like I can see him, and I forget he's blind, but I don't know it bothers me that everyone else doesn't seem to understand

• I understand how that would be extremely annoying, I know I would be really upset if I were in your place. But your boyfriend cannot see what others think, so he relies on you as his eyes.
      As for you, I would suggest maybe joining a group of people in relationship with those who are blind. These groups are helpful and provide emotional support.
      Also, this is just a phase in your life becasue the people who are passing remarks are young and immature, and they have yet to reach your maturity.

• I don't understand why it would be weird.
    My mom's best friend is married to a man that is deaf. She learned to sign so she could communicate with him. They're really cute. At their wedding, she signed to him the lyrics to their song.
    It's a disability, not who they are. People that have a problem with it should grow up.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Why would it be weird? He's just another person

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, how disturbing.

No, it isn't weird that you're dating him. It is, however, weird (and disgusting!) that people would say rude things about him. I think it's pretty cool that he is able to play the guitar and drums--he sounds like a very motivated, talented, and inspirational person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, its cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's really great that you can look past that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not weird at all. Those people who say rude things are horrible just ignore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like a nice girl. If your boyfriend is nice to you too forget the haters. Don't let them get to you.

1|0
    0|0