Is it weird that i'm dating a blind guy?

I have a boyfriend who is blind, people say rude things sometimes, and make a deal out of the fact he's blind , but he doesn't act blind blind, he plays guitar abd drums, he can read brail just like anyone else can read print, and so forth

So is it weird?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I'd date a blind girl. I think it's pretty awesome that you can see past the downsides, it's an attractive quality

What Guys Said 14

• Not at all.

I'd date a blind girl. If we could take Lilly out of Katawa Shoujo (fictional character in a visual novel), I would date her, so I see no problem with it at all.

• Respect level: 90000000000

It's not weird at all. I find it awesome that there are people out there especially under 18 that are willing to date blind people. I know if I was blind, I'd feel like my love life is over. You're awesome. Thank you for being awesome.

• Respect us what I have and no it's not weird if you two like each other then that is all that should matter.

• just because he has a handicap (blind) doesn't mean he doesn't or can't do ever thing else a normal person would do , so is it weird no

• Nope, that is great you can overlook his disability and love him for who he is

• No, it certainly isn't weird. What sort of rude things do people say?

• They say stuff like "she couldn't get a guy who see's?" just petty stuff like that

• Do you think its weird

• Because most people reject what they dont understand, like why would a person with sight date a person without sight, i think its great although it put a lot of responsiablity on you

• Not really, to be honest, it's almost nothing, he's very independant, actually I think he does more for me then I do for him O.o

• Not only a no but a hell no. Blind and deaf people etc have as much right to date as non blind, def and handicap people.

• Yeah whats wrong with you? ;P

• not weird...
    im curious, how do you guys manage your sex life?

• there's a guy on here who's blind and doesn't date

• do u love hi ot not if so who cares for people's opinion i wish u live with him in love ;)

• really, literally blind as in he can't see?

• He can sometimes see really bright colors, and shapes, but it has to be very bright, but he still needs like the blind cane and all that

• So you're letting what people say about your relationship get to you?

What Girls Said 8

• No it is not weird! Do you think it's weird? Do you feel embarrassed? Being blind is not an option, and if you are with him because you genuinely love him, makes you a better person and you should not care what the rest of the world thinks.

• Oh i don't think it's weird, and i'm certainly not embarassed, it's just kind of annoying when people stare and make comments about it, cause like I can see him, and I forget he's blind, but I don't know it bothers me that everyone else doesn't seem to understand

• I understand how that would be extremely annoying, I know I would be really upset if I were in your place. But your boyfriend cannot see what others think, so he relies on you as his eyes.
      As for you, I would suggest maybe joining a group of people in relationship with those who are blind. These groups are helpful and provide emotional support.
      Also, this is just a phase in your life becasue the people who are passing remarks are young and immature, and they have yet to reach your maturity.

• I don't understand why it would be weird.
    My mom's best friend is married to a man that is deaf. She learned to sign so she could communicate with him. They're really cute. At their wedding, she signed to him the lyrics to their song.
    It's a disability, not who they are. People that have a problem with it should grow up.

• No. Why would it be weird? He's just another person

• Wow, how disturbing.

No, it isn't weird that you're dating him. It is, however, weird (and disgusting!) that people would say rude things about him. I think it's pretty cool that he is able to play the guitar and drums--he sounds like a very motivated, talented, and inspirational person.

• Nope, its cute.

• No that's really great that you can look past that.

• No its not weird at all. Those people who say rude things are horrible just ignore them.

• You sound like a nice girl. If your boyfriend is nice to you too forget the haters. Don't let them get to you.