Young and lonely whats wrong with me?

I'm 18 I have never been on a date, been kissed or even had a boyfriend.i think it deals with my apearence but not sure im tall, fat, have long brown hair, and wear glasses. Anyway if its not my looks then what is keeping me young and lonely?

Thanks but also y I ask is just I hav been called evry name in the book (evry bad thing) by guys I make friends easy. I wish innera beauty played a bigger part lol. But that to much hope
Also we7ght not so easily fixed fighting genetics at least i'm not without any gokd curves :( sighs

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you'll find plenty of guys of all ages with overweight girls, right? And you'll find plenty of guys with girls who aren't particularly attractive, right? So I don't think that's it. Lonely is another word for sad. I know it seems like it has to do with the number of people you have around you but it's not that. It's just being sad. There's something missing from your life and though you think it's another person it's actually something inside you. Why haven't you even been out with a guy ever? Surely you don't believe no one in the world has ever had even a tiny bit of interest in you. That would be absurd. So it's something about you, right? If you want advice, mine is to improve yourself and gain some confidence. Do you want to lose weight? Okay, try to lose some weight. Do you want to be more confident? Well see if you can make it happen. The ball is in your court. You just have to decide what to do with it.

• your comment is interesting but considering i have been called every name in the book to my face by a lot of guys its still more than confidence. that does help i know and i have been cranked asked out i found cause i lingered in class it was they were saying what a jpke and that no on would ever dream of taking me out on a date.

• i was asked out as a prank on me. and i am trying to lose weight but i am fighting genetics and they did destroy my confidence and that was a big blow to my confidence.

• Oh, I see. Well that's the problem then, isn't it? There are other things you can do. Get set up with someone by a friend. Meet someone online. Something like that. I know genetics is hard to fight but most of the time you can do it. It's hard not to give up hope but if you do then nothing will ever go right for you. How about trying to eat well and exercise a little bit? I don't know what you do now but maybe you could start with a walk around the neighborhood every evening or something. Getting in better shape is a good thing. We could all stand to be better people and making real improvements gives you something real to work toward. It doesn't hurt to try, right? You have to find some kind of motivation. Things will change but you have to make that happen. No one else can do it for you.

What Guys Said 8

• Its normal you would be surprised on just how many other people never even dated until your age just keep trying if you don't like the way you look or something then just work out a little bit each day. It will not only keep you healthy but give you a good body as well just keep at it though you'll get a date soon or later.

• I'm not going to sugar-coat it like most people here will and tell you a load of bullshit like that "it's about confidence, you just need to be confident then guys will like you"...but I'm also not saying this to be mean - being overweight will have a lot to do with it. The good thing is that it's fixable, you just have to lead a healthier lifestyle - exercise more and eat a healthy balanced diet (notice I said EAT a healthy balanced diet - don't starve yourself because that's unhealthy and you'll actually find it harder to lose weight that way). I'm sure once you lose the extra weight you'll have more guys after you.

• You just have to be confident and keep working hard people that matter will come and stay..You run after people and they somehow get away.. I don't think it has anything to do with being corpulent or tall.

• Being tall and fat will definitely reduce your options, there are still guys who will date you though. Show interest in, or even ask out, some unattractive men and you'll have a boyfriend in no time.

• I'm 26 and also have never dated, kissed, or even had a girlfriend. You're a girl so eventually some guy will come around. Be confident, we aren't as picky as you girls think.

• i don´t want to be mean but probably most of all the fat. or you don´t show enough interest in guys.

• It has to do with looks (weight), sorry sweety I'm not trying to be mean but it's the honest truth and I wouldn't feel right lying to you.

• at least your honest. and i no sometimes its just i needed some outside input

• It probably is your looks. Young guys don't want to be seen dating a fat girl, even if that is what they secretly lust for.

What Girls Said 2

• You attitude is keeping you from putting your self out there. IT doesn't matter what you look like its how you carry your self and having confidence in your self. There is nothing wrong with you so stop thinking that because when you think negative then all you ever get is negative. Life is just about kissing boys, being in a relationship but its it about finding out who you are and what you want out of life. When the time is right you will have someone but first work on your self and building your self esteem

• Maybe you should just take a chance and talk to some guy that you like, and just go with it. Just show the guys that you are confident :)