Should I text her again or not?

Hey, I recently text a girl via skype, it came up with my username and would not let her respond so she added me on Facebook and we talked for a while there. My question is am I alright to send her a message? a lot of people say wait a few days but I don't want to and feel like that rule must be bullshit, any help apriciated

Most Helpful Girl

• You can message her, just don't spam her :)
    If you have to wait, send a message first, and see if she answers. The only thing that might be annoying is if you keep insisting when she's decided not to answer. But if she's willing to talk, there's no problem at all.

What Girls Said 1

• You should message her whenever you want. You don't have to wait. Be the odd one out. It might surprise her that you didn't wait.

What Guys Said 1

• well since you're both young (im assuming because the Under 18 bracket) if you don't follow the 3 days rule laid out by Barney Stinson then you are most likely going to come off as clingy. Some girls like it when guys text right away but generally most girls don't like clingy guys. and when you text immediately and keep on texting after that you just screwed yourself. another good reason to wait 3 days or so is so that you won't say anything stupid that came to mind when you wanted to text her immediately. you give yourself some time to think and guys usually realize what they would've said would have sounded so dumb and they're grateful they waited. these are just generalizations and stereotypes though. if you're feeling it then go for it bro.

• well I'm 17 so I'm not too far off 18 tbh but I get your point :)