20 year old college girl and a 35 year old firefighter? Do I even have a chance?

There's this firefighter that comes into my work quite often- his station is right down the street. Him and his partner have always made a point to stop by and talk with me in my department. He's rather attractive and I get the feeling that he is flirting with me and I kind of flirt back.

But he's 35, and I'm 20, living with my dad, and attending college still. I normally wouldn't even consider someone his age, but I really like him.

Should I do anything? Would someone like him even be interested in me? I don't want to embarrass myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most unattached men (and many attached ones for that matter) would be willing to pursue a relationship of some kind with a physically attractive woman in her early 20s, no matter how old they are themselves. What kind of relationship that might be will depend on what he's looking for, and what you're willing to bring to the table.

Keep in mind that what people enjoy doing with their time, their life and relationship goals, and so on can change a lot over time, and especially over the course of their twenties. What you think you want for yourself at 29 today is very likely going to be a good deal different from what you want for yourself when you actually are 29. At the same time, windows of opportunity don't stay open forever. When you're 29 you might not be able to land a hot 35-year-old firefighter anymore because some 20-year-old is giving him what he wants instead. Pursue happiness, just consider carefully how you will handle situations that arise that could potentially railroad your life.

What Guys Said 5

• It's a risky scenario if you're interested in a stable relationship that might work out long term. So as long as you understand that going in, I'd say give it a shot and see what happens... better to *know* than to always have to wonder or 2nd guess yourself.

My ex's sister was in basically an identical situation in San Diego. I don't want to give the details of her situation to the public but send me a message if you want and I can let you know what worked & didn't work for her. There was quite a bit of drama.

• Sure you have a chance, but I wouldn't be hoping for marriage and/or kids with guy.

• Yeah. You have a chance.

• seems like it can happen

• Of course you have a chance. Why wouldn't you have a chance? Not sure what you mean by "someone like him". He is a guy, and guys like pretty girls, and therefore you have a chance.

What Girls Said 4

• Im in the same situation. dating a much older man by 10years. It is hard because him being so much older i'm expected to just know everything like an old lady or something. downside is you can't really be yourself by enjoying the life of a 20 year old. if you do decide to date him things will be great, exciting, blah blah but dont be surprised when he wants more out of you by trying to turn you into someone twice your age, get a house, have a financially stable job as being a waitress or bartender isn't gf/wife quality. fact is, you're 20 still enjoying and even really starting your life and getting to know yourself. This guy is 35, and i promise you if you ever get into a fight he will constantly throw it in your face and you're going to end up being the one that's immature etc etc... date some around your age.

• A lot of men like younger girls.
    Sure, go for it.
    What's not to like?
    An attractive older man, with a career.
    I don't see any harm that can come from this.
    Just make sure you take it slow and really get to know him.

Give him your number.

• Go for it! Firefighters are hawt! That shouldn't be your reason of course, haha. You have nothing to lose.

• It'd probably be fun for a college fling, but I would be cautious before getting serious. When I was in school, the townie firemen had bad reputations, haha. He may be ok, though,