Ok does it bother you to date someone who self harms or used to and has very ugly scars?

I used to be a very bad cutter and I was very insecure.. and now I'm just insecure about my scars.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it bothers me. Everyone has scars, but if they are as bad as you seem to think it will be unappealing to most guys. The scars are not the biggest problem, but they will decrease her overall appearance. As far as the appearance of self harm scars go, normally I find tattoos uglier, but that is just me.

The bigger issue for me would be that I don't like the thought of her hurting herself, or the possibility she might do it again in the future. I have even seen girls get upset with their boyfriends and immediately self harm as a way to manipulate their boyfriends, because they know how much it would hurt him to see it. This has made me very concerned about dating girls that cut themselves.

What Guys Said 6

• No, not at all. People have problems and sometimes those problems have physical consequences. How bad is the scarring? Are they deep/wide? Did you only cut your arms? How much of your body is covered with scars?

• It can deter some guys, but i wouldn't consider it a MAJOR turn off.

For me it depends on where the scars are, and how many.

• it's a big turn off tbh

• Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'd want her to be getting help when she needs it thou.

• Yes. The scars are not hot.

• I would stay out of that situation

What Girls Said 1

• As long as they still don't do it, then it wouldn't be a problem. It would stress me out very badly to date someone who inflicts pain on themselves by cutting. :( But if you don't do it again, then it wouldn't be an issue. Every scar has a story, so it shouldn't be a turn off if you have them from the past.