Is it okay if the girl asks the guy to be friends after he decided to stop dating her?

Me & a guy have dated for sometime then he disappeared! I really miss his company, I enjoyed being with him.
If he is not reaching out for me, Should I text & ask if we could be just friends?

P.s. I think I have feelings for him, so maybe I just want to be around him!

• Yes! that's fine
  • No! he will do it if he want!
  • You will be annoying and clingy!
  • I don't know!

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah its totally okay to ask to be friends. just try sending him a casual text and see where things go from there. it won't hurt. there could be a million reasons why he isn't reaching out for you but you if you feel like you want to contact him again then you gotta try.

• Thank you :)

• Haha yeah I hesitated coz I am afraid he won't reply :(

• thats probably the worst fear but im sure he'd at least reply. just think about what you wanna say.

What Guys Said 5

• As long as your former bf is okay to be in the friend zone, go for it. Just know, it will be a little awkward at first, since you both were dating before, but you will get used to it, and hopefully, you should getting along.

• Yes, it's absolutely fine! Just tell him you would love to have him as your friend, You don't want to lose a friend, and you miss hanging out with him. We don't have to date, I just miss having you around to talk to and share things with.

• There's no point. Either get back with him or let him go, keeping each other around is needless mental torture

• Once me and girl break up that's usually it
    that's how it's been with me and my exes

• sure as long as she doesn't act like he belongs to her or get's upset when he choses to live his life his own way.

What Girls Said 1

• No. Being friends with an ex is stupid. It means you still like/love them. Truthfully you can't just be friends with a person you've dated. You've kissed them, possibly had sex with them, everything friends DON'T do. So he/she will never be a friend but considered a past lover. Memories and feeling will catch on again with one or the other. It's best to tuck that person away in just a memory and not in your life again.