Why would a guy talk about future early on in date but not seem as excited at end?

I wasn't really so into him. When we were at dinner we spoke about surfing I said I never did it so he said we should do that some time. He also mentioned about how I will learn about his restaurant habits of ordering a certain way.

But at the end it got kind of awkward when he dropped me off. He just said awkwardly that we will keep in touch. Didn't ask me out or talk about another date. Does that mean he doesn't like me? He seemed a lot more enthusiastic earlier on could he tell I wasn't feeling it?

What Guys Said 1

• he probably recognized that you werent really into him or he just didnĀ“t know what to do.

What Girls Said 1

• Did you try to be enthusiastic about him bringing up events that can happen in the future? Or did you just awkwardly agree?