I'm 5'10 240 pounds. How much weight do I need to lose before I can start approaching women to ask them out?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can approach at any size, but about 40-50 would be a good start to give you a different looking body build.

That helps you lose a lot of the excess extra weight that makes exercise more difficult.

If you aren't athletic and muscular, a BMI calculator is a good reference.
    www.nhlbi.nih.gov/.../bmicalc.htm

It looks like 175 is about the cutoff for 5'10 men between normal and overweight.

• 50 pounds isn't just that easy to lose

• We can play that ;). You can do more than you believe. Try to get some trained help. Occupational therapy for body, Cogniyive behavioral therapy for mind.

• We can play what?

What Girls Said 6

• Well if she's not an egotistical b*tch you shouldn't have to change your over all appearance at all...

But I'm sure your not going to take my advice on that so really it depends on what you want.

Are you trying to loose weight but gain muscle, or do you just want to drop some pounds and look skinnier.

If muscles I'd say about 20lbs and start lifting weights.

If you want to be skinny/slim/thin/average I'd say about 60lbs to get to 180lbs.

• 60 pounds is too much to lose for someone who is handicap

• Sorry I wasn't aware that you were... You should probably add that to your post.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of handicap I mean be a bit more specific, what body part, completely, what can you can and can not do?

• My feet

• Don't change yourself for others. If you wanna lose weight you do it for you because any quality girl who is not a shallow person will fall for you at any size and honestly your size isn't even bad.

• Every woman on gag says I'm too big. I wonder if that's how women see me in real life too and that's why I can't get a gf

• Maybe they're rude or shallow? Or think your judging them. I give dirty looks of I think someone is insulting me mentally.

• I smile at everyone not just women

• Confidence is key. You can be a big guy and still get dates. It's how you come off to women is what is key here

• How am I supposed to be besides nice

• What books

• I'm happy with my looks, it's women who are not happy with my looks

• None? Work on your health, but don't do it to approach women.

• You should start working out, to get a nice
    Body. Do not worry about pounds. Women love men who work out and it shows.

• I can't afford a gym and I don't even know how to work out effectively

• Well if it is impossible for you to work on your outer appearances, then you should just keep trying until you find someone. Or try dating women with similarities as yours.

• So because I'm fat I should only date overweight women ( isn't that discrimination?

• I think that once you change your eating habits and start working out your confidence will come naturally. You'll get the feeling when someone is approachable and receptive of you.

• Wouldn't you resent a potential lover because they only liked you because of your outer appearance?

What Guys Said 3

• you could be 5'10 240lbs and still look good. all depends on your BMI but im assuming since you're askin this question you may be overweight. basically instead of looking at it through pounds, whatever your body fat % is right now, if you can cut it own to about 15% then you should be really good.

• How do I find out what my body fat is?

• you can go into a gym and see if they can help measure your BMI. they might charge you or not. depends how you approach them. there's a few ways to do it. one is manually with calipers and another way is just stand on a machine that looks like a scale and it will measure everything for you. body fat, visceral fat, muscle mass, how hydrated you are, density, everything lol. gym is the best shot but other places that advertise Herbalife have those things too. they use it as a tool to help make sales.

• Thank you

• If you are losing weight only for girls then I'm sorry to tell you but you will never he happy. Get in better shape so you can feel better about YOU. If you are thinking this way because a certain type of girl rejected you let me tell you this, that girl will always find something about you that isn't good enough for her. Today it will be your weight. Tomorrow your height, The next day it will be that your dick isn't big enough. When approaching girls just talk to them and make conversation. The second you start thinking "what if this girl doesn't think I'm attractive, what if I am not her type" you are automatically eliminating yourself. Its okay to be nice but realize when a girl is playing you out.

• As far as my junk goes I never got a complaint. I'm happy with my body, it's all women who are not happy with it.my goal in life is to please them

• none. the guy who fits your build stole my girl (and Im 5'5" 130) You just need a set of balls, and the guts. Just dress well, have good self esteem, hygiene, and just rock with what you got!