Was my date lying when he said I looked better in person than online to avoid hurting my feelings?

I went on a date with a guy from OkCupid, and a little in, he asked if he looked how I expected. I answered and asked him the same. He said no, then he got kind of nervous and awkward and said that I looked better in person than online. Was he lying?

Most Helpful Guy

• He didn't have to say anything at all. You're worried about nothing

What Guys Said 2

• Don't sweat it.

• How on earth is anyone on here meant to know if he was lying or not? Only he can know if he thought you looked better in person than online. We are not inside his head

What Girls Said 1

• When I was online Constantly with my husband from Egypt, I always thought I looked better in person. He always thought I was sexy Online, and in person, gave me less attention than online.lol...Go figure...
    It is just the way a person looks at you. And this is also the way it goes from the outside---IN.
    Don't feel insulted, sweetie, He's giving you His honest opinion. I would rather have someone tell me This than to say I was 'more different' on cam. And from experience, it's the cam, your lighting, the connection that makes the difference on the internet. But it's Really what counts in person that 'Says' the Real connection.
    Good luck.xx