Are my standards really too high?

Im getting tired of a few people I know saying my standards are high. I dont think so at all.

- I want a girl who is in shape. Im in athletic shape myself have good body, although she doesn't have to be no where near as fit as me since im into sports. Although I do like soccer girls ;)

- I want a girl who is in college or college educated. Im in college myself.

- I want a girl who looks good, is clean. I make sure im fresh, brush my teeth, have a fresh lineup, fresh clothes also, swagged up etc. Not the kiddy 'swag', my swag actually looks good on me.

- I want a girl who is outdoorsy, tomboyish. Im outdoorsy myself.
- I want a girl who is chill, laid back. I think im pretty chill and laid back myself.

-I want a girl who is my height ,5'6. Although I dont mind her being taller, or shorter, because i know how some girls could be trippin about height sometimes. But in a perfect world, i'd prefer a girl to be at eye level.

- I want a girl who can cook a mean dish. I could cook a mean dish myself.
-Want a girl who is ambitious and driven. Im ambitious and driven myself.

-A girl who likes fitness, because i love fitness myself.

So basically, im not requiring anything more than what im bringing to the table in my opinion. Do my standards seem reasonable?

-Oh i'd also want a girl who is more of a talker, since i tend to be on the quiter side, but still, its just a preference.

Most Helpful Girl

• Naw you're good

What Girls Said 9

• That's pretty much normal. Honestly, sounds like me. I'm in college, play soccer, haha but im only 5'2" , im Latina so I do know how to cook lol, I love to run so I love being outside, but quite honestly I'm not much of a talker...I let my bf do most of the talking lol thank god so I just lay back and listen.

• Well determining if they're too high really only has to do with how much you dislike being single. If you don't mind it, wait around for the right girl and if it happens it happens. If you do mind, then you're going to have to be less picky. I do have to agree with many of the other posters though, it does kinda sound like you just want a talkative version of yourself lol.

• I think your standards are fine its normal to want someone to be of the same standard as yourself. A lot of women actually fit this category, maybe other peoples standards are too low? But if u totally reject someone because they dont fit one criteria then yea... Its a little too high.

• Just date yourself.
    Standards are not high just reeeally specific and so your options will be smaller.

• Those are a lot of standards. But they're not very high, so yes you can definitely find someone.

• While yes it will be harder to find someone like that, you can definetly still find someone who fits all those wonderful qualities :)

• No:) I don't think anyone should think their standards are too high! Never.settle! This is a description of your dream girl and I hope you find her!

• Lol you see these kind of girls all the time anywhere...I don't think your standards are THAT high

• I don't think your standards are too high. I am also into men who are fit and active because I am. However, I don't care about being college educated since I am not. It's just that health and fitness is a big deal to me. I have no attraction to someone who doesn't follow that life style. I did try because I told myself I shouldn't be too picky. However, it didn't work out. All he would do all day is sit around and eat or get high. It drove me crazy, so while we initially did get along, it just didn't work out. We're actually still friends though, so that's good. I didn't think we could be.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think there is any such thing as setting your goals too high...unless you actually expect to get someone.

What I mean is, that the more you expect, the less chance you have of finding it. Your expectation certainly limit the possibilities, but there are girls like that out there.

One thing that really concerns me about your list. I get the impression that you don't allow room for change. And everyone WILL change over time. So what then? Do you just dump her when she no longer meets your expectations?

But whatever, if that's what you want then that's what you want. You just have to ask yourself what you will accept, and what is a true deal breaker. You also have to very seriously ask yourself about the future and what happens when she changes.

• I will have to see when i meet that person.

• You're short. So this all depends on how hot your face is.

• Yeah, realistically.

• huh, maybe they thought you were a senior in high school.

• They did lmao.

• Your standards aren't high there are just a lot of them so it might be hard to find a single women who embodies all these traits.

• sounds like you should just marry yourself