What do you think of factory workers?

I met this guy and we connected really well. We have most things in common. We both don't want kids. We have the same exact goals in life. He is so easy to talk to. Everyone in my family likes him, and so do my friends. He is very handsome. We are both fit and active. I love working out and eating healthy, so does he. Actually I met him at the gym. We both want to go on hiking trips.

However, I can't get past the fact that he works in a factory. He makes good money there, so it's not about the money. He also has an inheritance I guess.

It's just I look down on factory workers and I think they are pathetic losers. So it's hard for me to stay with him. I think I am going to dump him before our date tomorrow night.

What is your opinion on factory workers? Am I right to dump him for it?

Done responding now. You can attack me all you want, but I am not reading else. This is the first that I've heard working in Day Care is such a horrible thing. Good-bye. You're the only people who I've heard hating on a day care worker.
Since people are still responding to this days later, I'll come clean. This was not a serious question. The guy doesn't exist. I was trying to prove a point to someone but I had to sound as horrible as possible. It's why this is posted anonymously
and it is so mean. I apologize to anyone who is a factory worker who took offense to it. The person who I was doing it for told me this was probably the wrong way to do it. Although it's good to know people hate day care workers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because he works in a factory doesn't mean he didn't go to college, your mentality set just urkes me so bad because that's not how you should see another human being. At least he has a job and is working hard and makes himself good money doing what he does..that's all that matters.

Some people who work in factories did go to college. Like my dad.. he went to college and now he's a programmer in a factory and he works in a office and doesn't get his hands dirty one bit and he makes great money. In order to succeed you gotta start from ground up. Your relationship with the guy clearly won't work because of your harsh judgment but I bet you he'll move up and maybe even own his own factory one day and he'll be rich and you'll be going through a divorce with some lawyer asshole. Goodluck girl cuz your priorities are fuckkkeddd up

• He didn't go to college. He chose not to. He finished High School and started working straight in his uncles factory, and not even using family ties or anything. He just started as a factory line worker and he is content to do that. He said he'd rather spend money on a house and car than on an education he didn't want. I'd have respect for him if he had gone to college but couldn't find a job right away. There is nothing wrong with that. I just don't understand why people just choose to work in a factory.

• DanAG is right, your a piece of shit!

• Now that someone felt the need to bump up this question by posting to every single comment, I will come clean. I thought this would be left alone now but I woke up today to 20 new notifications. This was not a serious question. The guy doesn't even exist, I was making things up as I went along. I was doing an experiment for someone, although she didn't agree this was the way to do it. She said it would offend people. She is a factory worker, and she thinks everyone looks down on her for it because her other best friend does all the time. So I wanted to show her that most people don't think like that. It's why this is anonymous. Yes I do understand why it pissed people off and why there was a lot of hate. Although I didn't know so many people hated day care workers. That one was a surprise. Good to know though. I updated this question too.

What Guys Said 14

• Factory workers are good honest workers they are anything but pathetic my grandfather, father, uncle and extended family and friends all worked or work in factories its a hard and demanding job by the way all they all went to college grandfather and father went through the military's schooling which is better then the vast majority of colleges.

Also remember just about everything you own was made in a factory clothes, cars, tools and material used to build your home all of it and factory work pays really well like over 20$ an hour which is hard to beat it is a physically demanding job that also requires a knowledge of torc, air and power tools as well as you needing to memories how to build all sorts of stuff like wind turbines which is what we build here before you go insulting someones lively hood make sure to do a bit of research and find out just how hard it is I mean your calling him a pathetic loser you work in day his position holds way more chances to advance then yours does even if he chooses not to take em he will still be bringing in tons of cash.

• I was just going to let this thing die since the experiment ended days ago, but I noticed all the new comments today. I'd almost forgotten about this question until today. So I figured it was best to let people know I was "trolling."

• To be honest I have just been replying to who ever posts on my answer I made my point already so.

• WOW! Seriously?
    Why didn't you stop dating him when you found out he was a lowly factory worker?
    Damn, the guy goes to work everyday & makes good money. That's not good enough for you?
    You should dump him because it is you that is embarrassed by him & think he's not worthy.
    I'm just appalled by your thinking "they are pathetic losers"
    I'll bet tons of girls would take him.

Next time one of the 1st questions you should ask is what college he went to & what he majored in.

• He didn't go. We discussed all this when we first met, and I liked everything else about him except that. Lately it's been getting to me, and I am just wondering lately why keep seeing him then. He chose not to go to college. He chose just to work in his uncles factory. He prefers starting off as a line worker.

• Thanks for the waste of time.

• Well if it makes you feel better, the experiment backfired on me and now I feel like crap about my own job.

• You're talking about productive industry:people who can actually produce more than they consume.
    These blue collar workers produce all the products that the rest of the workforce needs to survive in comfort.Do you think that's not important?

If you take away all the productive industries, like primary industry (farming and mining) and manufacturing industry, there would be no jobs for anyone else.Someone has to actually produce the goods, before anyone else gets a share of them.
    All other industries are only there as servants to productive industries.Everybody wants the goods (and not much else), but more than 75% of them produce absolutely nothing.

The aim of manufacturing industries is to produce something for $1 that any fool (the people in the remaining industries) could produce for $10.Then they can support all the non-productive industries who hang on their back.It takes a certain amount of skill and know-how to do that.

Apart from that, people who work in manual or trade jobs have always been known to be better lovers and better in bed.A high-stress office job and little exercise can kill a man's sex drive prematurely (some are finished at 40).Women don't fare much better.

• "It's just I look down on factory workers and I think they are pathetic losers"

It sounds like you are a shallow stuck up snob. Give over yourself already.

• Are you just trolling or are you seriously much of a cunt? Dump him. Please dump him. For his sake.

• What's trolling? Anyway, I don't like the c word. And everyone has their preferences. I don't like factory workers. I prefer college educated men. I'd have more respect for a man who is in a lot of debt and is broke from going to college then some factory worker. Unless he did go to college and he is just working there until he finds something in his field. However my boyfriend didn't. He never wanted college, he just went straight into his uncles factory and works on the line. He doesn't even do any family owned business. He actually works on the line and isn't a manager or supervisor or anything. He's just a line worker. I mean if it's his uncles factory why didn't he use family ties to get to the top?

• Like I said. Dump him. And you might not like the "C" word very much but you're definitely being one. Just FYI

• You're certainly entitled to your opinion...kudos for saying how you truly feel...I don't know why you would look down on a man who is gainfully employed and likely works harder than most of the people you know...but you have the right to do that...however , you should tell him how you feel and let him form his opinion on you based on your observations...

• Now did you really have to comment on every single comment Ash868?

• Wow, your the pathetic loser love! Give this guy the best gift ever and leave him. You don't deserve him

• I never said anything about day care workers. If you claim that this post is false then who is to say that you are truly a day care worker?

• You're pathetic and hopefully he dumps you before you dump him.

What's so bad about working in a factory especially when he's on good money. It's honest physical work. You're extremely superficial if that's the reason to break up with him.

• A glorified babysitter talking mad shit on factory workers. I've seen it all. Are you really that dense as to not understand why all this hate has been sent your way. Have fun wiping asses, that's a real job that demands respect. SMDH

• What's he make?

Who cares where he works if he's making bank.

• you should look up to factory workers they do all the hard work you don't want to do

• as a day care worker your working for the future. The people in the factory are working for the present to make the world go round, there's no future without these workers.

• People who care what other people think about them are pussies

• actually you're right for dumping him. You're doing him a favor by sparing him having to spend time/energy on you. What's wrong with you? seriously.

Let me ask you this? How often do you meet guys you connect with like this AND doesn't want kids?

How do you think he'd be able to get over someone so shallow like your self. Do your self a favor and adjust your attitude before you get old/lose your looks and end up alone.

• What do you do for a living?
    Can't wait to hear this answer

• I work in a day care

• Shitty diapers and puke, that is a lot more important than making a useful product at a factory.

What Girls Said 6

• Hell I'd take him if I wasn't taken. He sounds like a catch. How is he in the sack?

• Very good. Everything about him was perfect except that.

• Then he's perfect. Sounds like you're making up excuses to dump a good guy. Self sabatoge perpaps?

• factory workers are brave people!

• Factory workers are just normal people. They work hard for their crap.

• Wow dude you make women get bad name

• I know LMFAO this MUST be a troll question

• I wouldn't date a factory worker because I'm better then him.

• There is nothin wrong with factroy workers they kno what hard work is my boyfriend works in a factory 6 days a week and he did go to collage but he can't find a job in the feild he went to school for

• There's nothing wrong with that then. Mine just chose not to go to school. I see nothing with working there until getting into the job you wanted. I just don't get why he chose to just work in a factory.

• Its not the fact that people look down on u cuz u don't wanna date a factory worker its probably what u said about lookin down on them and u called them pathetic losers and thats not right at lest he is workin tryin to make a living and support himself on his own with out using his family ties to get a job that says a lot about a man right there maybe u should look deeper than the job