Why movies are not a good option for first date?

I've heard that there are better options for a first date, but why are movies not a great choice?

The only reason I can think is that you don't talk that much with the other person

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a little cliche, unoriginal, I know I like unique first dates, something special that shows you know her a little. Like one of my best first dates involved, biking, hole -in the wall restaurante, a second hand store where he bought me comics (little bit of a geek) simple but sweet. My first date ever was the movies and it was so uncomfortable, just the arm rests was in my back, people kept looking at us, you don't talk in the movies, first date get to know them :)

What Girls Said 6

• Both times a guy took me to the movies they wanted to 'cuddle' which involved me being bend over the seat gap and bent forward because I had to basically lay on their chest. Its probably the least romantic and most uncomfortable position to be in -____-
    If you're not a weirdo I think it could be fine. Maybe try mini golf (I've been taken to an indoor blacklight mini golf and it was pretty fun)

But if

• I have no idea. I think seeing a movie is a fool-proof way of having something to talk about afterwards during dinner or whatever after.

• You zone out during the film and don't talk. You don't get to bond over anything else you're going to do something else after.

• Movies are always awkward cuddling or him wanting a bj... Super awkward first date stuff. But even without that, not much getting to know eachother is done without talking

• Sooo awkward! Asking a girl out to a movie for a first date is great because movies are a great conversation starter. But you sit there wondering. Is he trying to hold my hand? Do i wanna hold his hand? Is he interested in me? And all those questions one asks themselves. If you do go to a movie for a first date, go out to eat first. That way the awkwardness should be gone by then.

• As long as the movie isn't the ONLY thing you guys do on the first date, I think it's fine.
    If you guys simply meet up, watch the film and go home, well... you didn't engage each other at all, you didn't talk, you didn't even look at each other, haha!

What Guys Said 3

• Because you don't really get a chance to get to know the person. Movies are good once you settled down and you can freely touch each other.

In saying that when I was younger like 15 I went to the movies for first dates and it worked out good ;)

• You don't talk. Your brain goes passive. You zone out. Not good.

• most movie scenes doesn't include lapdance