So I've seen multiple comments on here from women, remarking that is sad or shallow that men judge women only on looks and personality, while women judge men on looks, personality, money, status, confidence, etc. So I've got a question for all of you.
Would women be better off if men judged them on the same things women judge men on? That is, we have different attraction cues that matter. For instance, I might be hard working, and honest, but that won't help me get dates. That's life.
Currently, I think we can all agree than men mainly judge women on looks, and character, as attraction cues. Basically--is she cute/attractive? And is she loyal/fun/honest, etc?
While women judge men on looks and personality, but also on how much money he has, what job/career he has, confidence, social skills, status, like that. Those are attraction cues to women.
So, the hypothetical situation is this. Let's say men stopped being happy with cute, sweet girls, and wanted women with confidence to approach guys, good social skills (such as, can strike up a conversation with a stranger and smoothly get his number), a good job/career, a decent amount of money in her pocket, and status.
In other words, let's say men suddenly judged women on the exact same things women judge men on and find attractive.
Would women find it easier to get dates, or harder?
- I'm a woman, and women would find it hard to get dates under that standard.22% (2)0% (0)13% (2)Vote
- I'm a woman, and women would find it easier to get dates under that standard.33% (3)0% (0)20% (3)Vote
- I'm a woman, and changed standards would make no difference.45% (4)17% (1)33% (5)Vote
- I'm a man, and think most women would be single under those standards.0% (0)33% (2)13% (2)Vote
- I'm a man, and think most women would be able to get boyfriends under those standards.0% (0)50% (3)21% (3)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
Women already tend to have more developed social skills than guys.
I think guys would be happier if they looked more in depth into what kind of girl would be a good match instead of picking one with the right looks and trying to push his interests and preferences on.
Likewise, women would have to be able to hold their own instead of just finding a guy to drool over her and bossing him around. They'd need to develop better skills for a real psrtnership.
So I voted that it'd be easier, because both sexes would be looking more for what makes a healthy relationship.0
- Show AllShow Less