Girls why you think looks are so important when they fade in a few years anyway? Why so insecure?

I see so many questions on here ALL the time about, what boob size is best? skinny or curvey? would you date a girl who is over 140 or under 120lbs? long or short hair?

The fact of the matter is if any guy gets with you purely because of your looks (he's a dick) and you are both going to be sorely dissapointed because looks dont last. How many old couples are still hot?
Concentrate on being a decent person and dont force yourself to date people or be in relationships. Nothing forced will work, and sure it may be hot to be sleeping together 4 times a day with a hot girl, at first... but if there's no spark, no connection and nothing keeping you together, then its not gonna be a very long relationship. So stop with all the beauty questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Than god someone finally said it. Not all girls are like this btw!
    I agree with you completely. I would rather have a beautiful mind and soul that people truly love me for. Not only for attracting the opposite sex, but also for attracting the right kinds of friends that I will have friendships with for a long time

What Girls Said 9

• That's because everyone falls for the look. If there's isn't any attraction then they'll be no initiative in approaching that person. It takes good looks (which is subjective to the person) to say, "I want to get to know her." So at first is purely looks then personality comes second. It does not make a man/woman a dick/cunt to approach them just because of it though. Would you date a 200Ibs or a person in a wheel chair?

Now, in terms of looking good, I do agree people put so much emphasis in their look when that's not the most important thing. Part of that is the media and trying to live to society demand. Also, not everyone are happy with the way they look so they look for reassurance or self improvement. The truth is the talk if beauty will never talk and it doesn't write bother me.

• of course looks help at first, but you dont fall in love with someone because of that, its simply "they're hot" "i fancy them" and then when you get to know their personality (admittedly because of in part the way they look) then THAT is the decider of how long its gonna last

• Never stop*

Personality will eventually conquers look over time. So basically this order is what I see people going by

1. Looks then personality

Over time after knowing the person it become s

Personality then looks if true live is involve

• If true love exist*

@Asker oh, I completely agree with you. Like I'm dating a guy right now who has the looks, a great personality, but the chemistry isn't there. And I know he knows I don't feel it and neither does he but he keeps pushing to be with me because of my looks. Anywho, i can't stay with someone because if good looks only

Anywho, I'm crushing on someone else.

• I dress up and do make up for myown confidence.

• Girls are obsessed with beauty and how they look because it's rare you hear a guy say "damn she has a hot mind." Looks will always be the the first thing the opposite sex notices and that's what makes it important. Women want to be noticed, want to feel wanted and a big part of that is being found physically attractive

• Very great question/point. 1 million+ respect points for you!

• Looks matter NOW because we are young and this is our chance to have hot sex and enjoy physical attraction.

Emotional attraction comes later and the sex is more mellow (blah).

• a few years for SOME people who don't take care of themselves.

• It's biology. Our prefrontal cortex determines if someone would be a good mate.

• Because from the age of 12 boys are obsessed with sex. You horde Playboys like they're gold, talk about which girls you'd 'tap' with other guys, go to strip clubs, don't even get me started on how much p*rn is created daily for you men. Then there's the 'family friendly' establishments like hooters, twin peaks, MMA fights, cheerleaders, etc.

The thing all of these things have in common is beautiful naked or half naked women with no flaws, with the exception of some strippers. Then you have the audacity to ask why we women are insecure? We can never measure up without thousands of dollars for surgery and starving ourselves. Then after we've done everything we can to make ourselves look like an entirely different person we're still supposed to have some self esteem left?

• sorry whos you? me? i never did any of that. dont lump us all in the same catogary because of what some other guys did. Does my question not make you realise I dont think like that. Or would you rather I do given your resentful tone. I'd prefer to think of women as people, not sexual objects, but whatever

• You asked why girls think this way. That answer has nothing to do with you. Magazines, p*rn, business establishments wouldn't exist if they didn't make money. They make money because the majority of men give them money. If men didn't want women to look and act that way these places would go out of business. It's basic math not just the men I've encountered.

• You may feel that way...but a lot of guys don't.

• then a lot of guys won't have very long relationships

What Guys Said 1

• Looks don't fade that fast if you have good genetics and eat well. That's why people select for it.

Worst case, guys trade up.

• if thats you in your picture that says it all, you gonna still be looking so hench in 30 years time? you can't beat the clock, only delay it for a while

• mate, you WILL look very different when you are 70, to when you are 30, not accepting the aging process is denying reality.

• Ya but it won't be insanely different. I already know. Elite tier aging genetics crew :)