Will you date someone that just lost everything?

If somebody just lost their job, house, pretty much everything. Will you start to date them still. Why/why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would as long as he's making an effort to turn things around and get back on his feet.

What Girls Said 6

• What made them lose everything? Are they trying to get back on the right track, or are they just being lazy or given up?

• Just one bad situation after another. He is a well rounded guy just bad on his luck at the moment, wanting to date, but don't feel comfortable in his own skin at the moment. No self loathing or anything though.
      How do he approach a female during this time in his life?

• Honestly, date as a friend yes, to give him comfort, care and boost his esteem since feeling of loosing almost everything seems like too much or too burden...
    But to date as more than friend, No...it needs reciprocation..It's not because of what happened to him but because its obviously he's not ready for it as I read one of your comment saying he's not comfortable in his own skin..

• She wouldn't know that.

• She wouldn't know he is not that comfortable in his own skin.

• eventhough he wouldn't said it so she wouldn't know, she will still know it.. it will definitely show on his behavior. Unless he will not be true to himself or act as if nothing happened or be fake, which will lead him to more uncomfy and may lead to more disappointment..

• Yeah why not? What do I have to do with his job, house, money etc? As long as he is willing to start all over again and work hard for himself, yes I will date him.

• If dating them would take them to the right direction, then yes. It's nice to think that a person got up because you were there for him all throughout with all the support you gave and stuff. You won't know the real person inside him/her if you weren't with the person through the ups and downs of his/her life.

• Probs not.

• No. Usually people like that get really attached fast because they're alone so they're grasping for anything to cling to.

What Guys Said 4

• Let's just say their house burned down, and their car too.They may have just escaped from a war zone or a natural disaster.
    They would have to start again, but it doesn't make them any less of a person.It's not what you've got that makes you something;it's what you went through to get it.

• Definitely, I couldn't give a crap about items/ jobs , all I care about is connection,, superficial things come and go, companionship with the right gal is my number one thing in life atm;)

• If they are doing their best to get back on their feet, then yes.

• Girls are people and people want value added to their life, not taken away. If your life is a wreck you are for anyone at least an emotional investment. There are some girls who like to play emotional nurse, but they are few. A piece of advice though if you find a girl that sticks by your side in your worst, marry her when you have picked up the pieces of your life and rebuild it, such girls are rare indeed.