How much contact is ok before first date?

What is a good amount and what is too much? We spoke on phone earlier in the day and it went well and set a date for a few days later. He said he likes talking to me and wants to talk more before the date too. He said he will text me later so tonight he texted me asking how was my evening.

He seemed nice and normal nothing alarming or "weird" but is this too much contact or a good amount? Could he be desperate or am I being too critical? I feel like I am looking for faults on purpose.

Rationally I know you guys are right. I think I'm slightly commitment phobic because I've been hurt before so I am very cautious now.
He asked if I can talk on the phone again but I am actually busy right now so I told him that. He said ok and was very understanding. He seems nice but I'm so scared something will go wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• He likes you.

When I like a girl, I want to learn everything about her. I want to talk to her as much as I can. Some guys (like me) won't really go on a first date with someone that they don't already have a pretty major crush on. Once we start talking, we don't want to stop, regardless of when our first date is.

I would encourage you to go with it. Talking more before the first date gives you a better idea of who he is and it gives him a better idea of who you are. That will make the first date be all that much smoother and just better. Communication is key in any relationship. And it is arguably the most important during the early days.

What Guys Said 4

• well i think being negative you should think it positively as might be he want to know about you before date so that he can make a good date with you as it's better to know each other if you don't then either you or he himself will hesitate. so talk to him as you do with your friends simple and be positive as the way you think Life will go in the same direction :)

• unconsciously your thinking he might be desperate but he is not..he is being nice...if you feel he is desperate then time later ask him for space be direct clear...dating now a days sucks..both parties play games unconsciously...so if you want to break the rules try what im telling you..

• I like the bare minimum. Just a text to confirm the date and time, that's it.

• I think your looking at faults on purpose he doesn't seem desperate at all

What Girls Said 0