Date a geek dude, yes or no?Why, why not?

Would you date a nice reserved respectful loyal geek.
glasses
short
likes video games/anime
likes relationship more than sex
and awkward obviously :P
oh, and slightly unexperienced (one girlfriend [Not a very healthy relationship with her] so yeah, not much experience)
And most of all, someone that will do his best to try and do things for you.
sometimes his efforts fail but intention is always good

why i say good intentions is because for my last girlfriend, trying was never good enough. like if i got her flowers she didn't like, i didn't know her well enough apparently. Oh and I was sick on Valentine's day, and she thought i didn't love her...
also, another update.
ill describe physical features as well
short to medium blonde hair (I change it often, never like how my hair looks, i think it looks too nerdy either way.
i wear the hair groomed but kind of messy.

Most Helpful Girl

• awww absolutely! i don't have a set type, so as long as he lets me lay my head on his lap while he's playing league for 5 hours or something, idc
    I'm pretty high maintenance xD
    but
    respectful and sweet? id at least go get coffee with him. check him out

• what's your definition of high matinence, because there are a lot of guys out there not willing to put much into a relationship.
      I personally will just do whatever we both find fun. and every once and while do things that one person finds fun, because when you are with someone you love, even clothes shopping isn't that bad haha

• That sounded creepy didn't it... Oops

• ahaha i am all that and a bag of chips... I'm gonna message ya, hold on

What Girls Said 14

• That sounds like just the kind of guy I'd like... Bring on the anime!
    Actually, you sound a bit like me... Short geek with glasses, more interested in relationship than sex, yep, that's me...
    Although I'm not a gamer, simply because I grew up with my brother being a seriously addicted gamer who had a lot of behavioural problems because of it. Kind of scared me off. Not to say that everyone who plays games is addicted!

• I play them WAY more than I should, if that counts as addicted. But it never gets in the way of my life and relationships. And I never get "gamer rage". I do play hardcore games by myself. But with a gf, I'd play just for fun and to have a good time with her.

• I'm not the guy you will always hear yelling at his game. I more laugh way too much XD.

• That sounds fine :)

When I say my brother was addicted, I mean that he only went to school for 3 days over years 10 and 11, because he was playing video games. And if you talked to him while he was playing a game, watch out for the violent reaction and be ready to lock yourself in your room and call the police.

• Don't stress yourself, many women want to date geeks, because we're geeks as well, who spend too much time playing video games, reading comic books, watching TV and anime, etc.

Hell, my bf even worked for HTC tech support for a bit and is now making money on the side by building PCs.

• YESSSSS -if he's a nice person. Just because someone is a geek doesn't mean he's a good person...I learned that the hard way...

• would you do things like play video games with him (even if its not your thing) if he does things that he necessarly doesn't like with you (this is stereotypical but, shopping)

• Haha yeah, I can see how that would be a problem...
      No problem here, I like to play more for fun than competition - that's why I assume they're called 'games'... =)

• exactly! i hate when people take them too seriously. I understand gamer rage, but I just rarely get it. and i never get it when with a friend/gf

• If he has the guts to strike up a conversation with me, alternatively if he has something about him that stands out (that could even be a Durarara pin XD). The problem with me is, I'm kind of an absent-minded person and I'm not too good at... well, noticing people. I would give him a shot if he seemed interested though.

• If I knew a girl as pretty as you who was as pretty as you with similar interests, I think even I could get the confidence to get to know you better. But sometimes it's hard because girls don't always express what they are into

• Well, if she goes around displaying manga pins on her bag and posts every new anime she watches on her Facebook "favourite shows" page, you can't really go wrong.

Thanks for the compliment by the way ^^

• I always have crushes on data feek dudes but they never respond to me. I become their friend and I try to get closer but they aren't interested, at least never in me.
    I dated one and I broke uo with him because he was more interested in sexual things and didn't wanna have conversations.

• yes, i would. mostly because i find geeks extremely adorable and i like to be around them as i can have the most amazing conversations and discussions :)

• why dont these girls appear in my life haha

• hmm, well it's true though. you have this goofy look and it looks cute on you! and trust me I don't tell everyone they're cute haha

• haha, aw thank you :) what can i call you btw?

• I am attracted to awkwardness.

• I don't see why not.

• Yeah, you sound cute and I wear glasses too.

• Omg Yesss!! Because I'm such a geek too! ❤❤❤❤ I looovee gaming!

• Yes, I would. I love geek and nerd guys, but that may just be because I'm a nerd girl myself.

• just a suggestion for a geek girl, asking a geek guy out is greatly appretiated and respected and boosts their self esteem. (i'm not saying a pity date, but i mean someone that you would say yes to if they asked you out.) (most geek guys get rejected alot, sometimes they stop trying.)

• I know. My friends have been so harsh to guys I've rejected before. It wasn't because they were all unattractive, but most of them just asked me out at a time when I was busy with other stuff in my life and wasn't interested in a relationship with anyone.

• yeah, but no offense, but a lot of girls can be bitchy for no reason towards guys that have any sort of indifference with their friends

• I am a bit of a geek myself, I play legends of zelda, still play pokemon, sonic the hedgehog, ext. Glasses are fine, just has to be taller than me (I'm only 5'2), awkward is cute at times and that's really cute thinking about the relationship like that. I had a problem with someone who tried to do stuff for me, because more often than not they hurt me, they had the best of intentions but they weren't putting in enough of an effort. Trying is great! I wish my ex had tried as much, you sound cute honestly and sweet. I will admit I'm more of an aggressive person and have some of my own baggage. I like time away from the person I'm seeing so I can appreciate the time when together as well.

• i get that, i need alone time as well
      and im 5'6 so thats good i guess

• well I like the idea of having time away, so when you are together it's even more special. Lol yeah! I have a thing with height, like must be taller than me but once we get to the I'm 6'2, it's too tall because I can't reach... When I'm with someone I like, just being in the same room is sometimes enough, I don't have to be all over him, like I like cuddling, hand holding and what not but I'm not clingy. I make sure anyone I'm with knows I'm not going to stop hanging out with my friends because I have a boyfriend and I don't want him not seeing his friends anymore either. Balance

• Without a doubt

• that's quite a solid answer, could you tell me why, or what else you would want from a relationship other than the things I listed.

• hell yeah, son.

What Guys Said 1

• Thanks for that question, geek here too. I like the reaction of those girls. Yeah, there is hope.