We haven't reached a comfort zone yet is this normal?

This girl and I have been dating for at least seven months now and she still isn't comfortable around me. It bothers me on how she weasels her way out of talking about family and how she grew up as well. But the most "weird" thing to my friends that stand out is that she doesn't seem to be comfortable yet. She doesn't burp around me, is afraid to look messy, when she wants to stay the night she gets up really early to make herself presentable, we don't have those late night talks where we both look disgusting and the list goes on. My friend and his girlfriend have been going out for a year and a half now and the first three months they quickly settled in. They burped, farted, used the bathroom even if the other was in there, showered, and basically they saw each other at their worse. He even was willing to get stomach flu to take care of her and she didn't care if he saw her vomit. My girlfriend when she was sick with a cold she refused to see me for weeks. Will it just take sometime for her to adjust to me? For me it's been a really long time and I admit I am jealous of my friend because I want a girl that just doesn't care.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to say, you and her are just not suited to each other. You have been together long enough to adjust and do all those things your friend and girlfriend have done. They obviously have a lot more chemistry then you and your girlfriend have at the moment. Do you guys touch much? Is there a reason why she would be so insecure? Is it that she doesn't want to lose you and thinks she must look her best so you will be interested? The fact you asked this question shows that maybe you have a communication problem with her. This is something you can talk to her about and tell her you don't care what she looks like, you will still love/like her the same.

Have you farted personally in a room with her then laughed about it? Have you showered with her? If you don't want to talk to her about it, I suggest doing these things anyway and other things to help build your bond and create 'trust' which is the missing element in your relationship right now. (trust that you will still love her at her worst)

What Girls Said 3

• Awh that sucks :/ my bf and I are so comfortable with eachother but we've been together for 4 years but we kicked it off from the start it was perfect. He loves seeing me messy and when I spend the night he wakes me up with kisses without brushing our teeth yet lol sounds gross I know but that shit doesn't mater anymore when you love someone. But hopefully she gets out of that because I agree it can be really irritating. Ask her about why is she so shy to show her messy side encourage her that that's what you wanna see and yoy won't judge her (: I'm sure she'd feel relieved

• It's a shame she's not comfortable around you yet, but she could just still be getting used to the relationship, the length of time it takes for girls to get comfortable varies a lot. For me, it doesn't take long simply because I'm comfortable with myself. I actually burp louder and more often than my boyfriend, it's a laughing point for us. Maybe try speaking to her about it, getting her opinion, she might tell you something you never knew (: good luck!

• I loved your question I was like that with my first boyfriend. girls are like that when they love some one so bad your girlfriend is a shy girl.or she never date some one else or she may be think that you R better that her in look so she want to keep up you have to give her more time and you should do the first move until she is comfortable and talk to her about it.U should be happy she love u more than u think. good look for u both

What Guys Said 0