Do you think it's a bad sign when someone has been single for a while?

The two guys I know that have been single for a while have some serious issues. They both happen to be just difficult people to deal with, long story short.
I know another guy who I don't know very well and I'm wondering if he's got something up with him too.

I mean single for 3-4 years. I'm going on 2, I'm quite socially withdrawn and depressed! But want to be single, for a bit longer.

I just wonder about this guy, I wonder if being single for several years most likely means they've got something negative about them.

What's your experience with this?

I just wonder but wouldn't know until I get to know them anyway. But I'm cautious, I admit.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of reasons people are single for extended periods. Sometimes people want to take time to focus on school or their career. Sometimes there are things going on in their personal life they are working through before they feel comfortable being in a relationship. Sometimes people are getting over someone else and don't want to rush back into things. Could it mean there is something wrong with the? I guess so. But I think it is just as likely a sign of maturity and security that they don't feel the need to be in a relationship all the time to feel fulfilled, and that they aren't rushing into relationships when they aren't in a place in their life where they're ready to do so.

What Guys Said 3

• Not a bad sign sometimes your better off being single
    relationships are stressful, not all people are trust worthy

• I don't think there is something wrong with anyone for being single for a long time. it could just be a mere coincidence or the person choses to stay single for sometime or the time he is single or he is shy n doesn't approach the other sex. I go on n off with many girls sometimes it lasts longer n sometimes it doesn't. sometimes it takes a short time to get anther one post breakup n some time it takes quite a long time. but even if someone who hasn't been in a relationship at all or for a very long time doesn't mean that there is something wrong with him or her.

• Not in of itself no! It depends on the person, if they're just waiting for someone they really like to come along then no (Very attractive people sometimes seem to do this despite the fact they could have most anyone)

What Girls Said 1

• I'm happy to hear that so many guys get this! I've been single (and loving it!) for some time, mostly because I wanted to work through my sh&t and be ready to find and be a great partner. My early relationships showed me that I had some work to do.

I also have no interest in settling -- not so much that a man has to be perfect, whatever that means, as that he has to be someone I can really relate to. And can see myself wanting to get kinky with for years to come lol.

So it could be he's Run! material or it could be he's great and you came along at a good time.