How Do I Get Over a Guy Who Likes Me, but Doesn't Want to Date Me?

All up in the title. I like him, he likes me but he said he doesn't like to get involved with people dating-wise.

Most Helpful Guy

• How to get over him? depends on whether or not you want to/can stay friends with him. I mean, if you really love this person it can be very hard to remain their friends (i'm doing this at the moment) but its possible.

What I did was (since we didn't live in close proximity of eachother) I pretty much ignored this other person and didn't really have any longer conversations then "hey whats up?" "Not much how about you?" for about a year and then, while it still may bring a pang of hurt, I was chill with hanging out.

Should you live in close proximity you can just try to, not neccasarily avoid him, but not further conversation. he says hi you say hi. Nothing more nothing less, "How are you doing?" "good" short simple answers that dont push conversation forward.

• Well we won't go to the same school anymore because I'm transferring to a private one but I really want to stay friends. He's a really cool guy and he said that he didn't want to right now so I guess that means he'd be open to it in the future. I'm not letting the "right now" part get to me that one day we'll be together but I'm not good at ignoring people I care about or period.

• Have you spoken to him about these strong feelings?

• No, because I don't want to scare him away. He is younger than me by a year but he is mature but I don't want to scare him off.

What Guys Said 2

• If he truly liked you, he would go out his way to date you. Something ain't right here.

• Well I have my own suspicions as to why he doesn't want to date right now anyway but he doesn't mind going on casual dates. Like hanging out as friends.

• Yeah, but you want more - why bother with him then?

• A Big F U to him

• But he's nice to me and I don't like being mean.

• friendly

What Girls Said 2

• You drop hope. The only way to ever get over someone is to lose hope you'll be together. Once the hope is HONESTLY gone, everything else will fall into place and you'll move on in no time.

If he sparks your hope, if you see him, flirt, the flame of hope will burn and you will never move on. I advise you to distance yourself from him, don't try to be his friend or any stupid nonsense of that sort. Get away, accept there will NEVER be a relationship and you'll move on.

Good luck. =)

• I can't stop talking to him though. He's really cool and we are total opposites and argue all the time but that's what I like about him, the fact that there is always something to talk about. It's nice to have someone that is into ALL the same things you like.

• I'm not tricking you. I want to be friends with him because he's a great friend and I like talking to him but I want to move on so that I don't get myself hurt thinking that we can be more. I try to get over guys by liking someone else but no one ever likes me (I'm not saying I'm sticking with him just because he does though). I've always been this way though. I don't like just up and leaving a friend.

• If there are feelings involved, men and women can't be friends. They just can't. It's not a sincere friendship and it is reinforced by feelings of attraction that bring complication and deception disabling that relationship from ever being a friendship. Real friendship don't work that way. You won't be leaving a friend. You will be leaving a friendzone. I'm sorry, but if your friend would fuck you given the chance, or if you would date him, that's not a real friend. That's a sneaky, hopeful waiting disguised as friendship, reinforced by flattery that feeds the ego of one sex, and the romantic attachment of the other sex. You have 0,0001% chance to make this a friendship. And not now. In the future MAYBE if you get over him and he stays uninterested. Don't delude yourself.
      The solution I provided is the only one. Everything else is just wishful thinking and pain in the long run. Analogous would be the hypothetical fat girl coming here and saying:But I don't believe eating less helps

• trust me i have been in a similar situation except that he had a gf...so one of the best solutions is to put ur focus on someone else

• Thanks. I have someone that I could do that with but I'm not sure if he likes me or not and I don't want to ask because I liked him when I was younger and asked him out and he said no and I know it's stupid cause it was years ago but I had the hugest crush on him then and I doubt he has forgotten.