In high school, is it okay to date just because you want a significant other, or should it be someone you actually like?

I am looking for a relationship, but really don't even care about the "who with". Is it okay to just date because you want to date, or should it be someone you actually have feelings for?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're in high school. Unless that person turns out to be the love of your life and you end up marrying them, I wouldn't worry about what kind of feelings you have for them. But make sure you establish the grounds or boundaries with a girl before you guys get into some kind of relationship, just to avoid future issues. You don't want to be with a girl who wants to be super serious if you dont. That's just a disaster waiting to happen.
    Again, you're in high school. You're young. If you want to have fun, have fun. Just let the girl know where you stand so there isn't any future confusion and potential issues.

What Girls Said 3

• In high school it is fine because you gain experience and learn what you like. However the whole point of dating is to find someone to spend the rest of your life in a partnership with so if you don't see a future then you are wasting both of your times.

• you should have feelings. if its just somebody you can't even have decent conversations or speak with, it'll be awkward as hell and what would you do with that person then? best is to wait for a partner you actually have chemistry with.

• I believe that people should date just to date it should come from the heart and theirs nothing wrong with being alone. If you love someone and they love you thats all awesome but being with someone you don't like isn't a good thing in my opinion.

What Guys Said 0