Do you believe in love at first sight?

Do you believe in love at first sight and if so, how do you know if you feel it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure.

I've caught feelings for a girl I didn't even know... she wasn't just a crush. It was such a strong feeling, I couldn't stop thinking about her for literally months to the point that I had to make a move. Turned out she felt the same with me, and we didn't even know each other's name! It was like a connection...so weird but awesome.

What Guys Said 7

• Social Psychology in college covers this really well. Basically, love at first sight is our assessment of a person based on many factors. Our first estimation of someone is visually, physically. Are they appealing? are they strong? Do they portray health, wealth and hint at social status? Are they confident? good posture, good body language, etc. In modern western society, these are some of our 'mating' assessment traits, whether you want to accept it or not, it's what we do naturally.

This is why we have the perpetuated sayings of, for instance 'nice guys finish last' because of how we judge people within the first few seconds even without making contact. We overlook the 'nice guys' who aren't specifically the most initially appealing or eye-catching. With our naturally oblivious and innocent prejudice; our contact with this person may either be over-intrigued, cautious, suspicious, underwhelmed, etc. These may sabotage or benefit our initial interactions.

There's a lot of shit going on in our brains when it boils down to, love at first sight. Awesome how our brains work so much.

Oh so yea, I believe at love at first sight, it's entirely possible. Possibilities are endless.

• No, I don't believe in it at all.

Normally I don't like to impose by own beliefs on others, but I really don't believe that ANYONE is capable of real love at first sight. It does not exist, nor should it.

• I totally believe it. 2 years ago a new girl entered my school and right when she walked into the hall my jaw dropped and im dating her now for the third time. And the final time ;)

• yes i do and u know u feel it when u can't stop thinking about them. Only thing is tho u gotta make sure he/she doesn't have bf/gf tht what happened to me and to this day i still like her and she still has a bf.

• I believe in sex at last night.

• I think I believe omfg I would drink her bath water at first site but not love.

• No, it's a figment of the imagination.

What Girls Said 10

• No, but I do believe a person's looks can intrigue you greatly to the point where you just want to know everything about them. Small things about the way they look or dress can send you on a whirl of imagination about what they might be like

• No, but I do believe in love at first bite!

• Lust, not love at first sight

• Yeah I believe it can happen

• There is no such thing as love at first sight, only lust

• yeh, it happens between young lovers ;)

• No, I don't.
    I don't believe you can really love someone without first knowing them.

• Yes, but i think it's rare. I've never experienced it firsthand, and i don't think it's a natural reaction for me as i tend to be reserved and cautious when i first meet someone. So maybe for some people it happens more often than for others.

• I do cause I witness it and I think it's live cause i have been like this for 7 years :(

• No I don't that you could fell in love with someone the moment you see them... I think it takes time to fell in love with someone. You can't simply fell in love with someone by his looks, how the person reacts toward you is more important... Anyway this is my opinion, not everyone thinks like me.